Mesa Gold Show...January 15-16 2011

Gosh... I wish I could go... Mesa has always been a great show. It will be at the Mesa Convention Center on January 15-16th~~291 N Center Street~~ Mesa AZ 85211~~ Phone 480-644-2178~~ Convention Hall. Rob Allison will be there selling needed prospecting and mining equipment.

The show is a good place for forum members to become aquainted with others :). Who plans to Go?

Greetings Jim an Chris, This will be my 1st shot at a show I will be there with Calvin (BUNK) of Bunks Arizona Prospecting He is trying to get a spot next to Rob for us to set up.

I've never been to Mesa area before. Jim if you were closer I'd pick ya up and bring ya home if you wanted to be there. Guess I'll see you again at the Vegas show this year in April.

Frank... both You and Bunk are true friends. Unfortunately, I will miss

Vegas too. It falls on the same date as the West Coasters Rendezvous. Over the many years I have never missed one and recently I have been helping out on the kids Junior hunt, 12 years and younger.

All of you who are reading this post, as well as visiting Rob's booth, stop by and say "Howdy" to Frank and Bunk... :)

I called Jerry Hobbs (PLP) today and asked him if he would be at the Mesa show... The PLP will have a booth

at the Mesa show... Jerry will be there to explain any important legislation affecting our rights as small miners, such as the current dredging ban in California. So please feel free to stop by the PLP booth.

Reno Chris... Thanks. Yep, Over the years I have never missed one in my backyard... Not only that I have been involved in setting up and tearing down the booths for the GPAA... I met George back in the 1970's. About three (or more) of my adult education students were among the first members of the GPAA. See you there and we can continue our last discussion regarding black sand :lol:

Jim - I always look forward to visiting with you, and I enjoy all of our discussions. Thanks for introducing me to Dr. Rouch last year, that was great.

I will be arriving a bit late on Friday and wont be setting up the ICMJ booth until Saturday morning. See you there!

Chris

Old tradition; Mackay geologists always gave the Mackay miners a bad time :D ... As Grubstake would say "I Gotcha."

It is a tradition! I used to commute to work with a Mackey Geologist years ago when I worked at Virginia City. If, as we were driving to work, I saw a down and out guy living on the street - I'd say "Look, another Mackey Geologist!". If he saw the guy first he'd say "Look, another Mining Engineer". It was a running gag that went on for a long time.

pawcheck...good question. I hope someone reading your post will know. The GPAA has a list of the venders as it is needed to presetup the booths for the show. There is a phone number listed for the Convention Hall

480-644-2180.

Usually the setting up is done on Friday and most of the dealers have their booths in order by Friday for 10am to 5pm show hours on Saturday.

Jerry Hobbs, PLP and Scott, Pedersen's Metal Detectors are on the road as I write this. Then there are the others have already posed they will be there. Usually the Arizona show is well attended as Mesa has been

known for introducing new products.

Archived