Hearing Impaired Help Please????

As some of you may know, I purchased a Minelab Eureka Gold this week and I love it. However, there is one downfall that I am hoping there is an easy fix for. I suffer from tinnitus (loud constant ringing in the ears) and the very slight whispers of a signal I have a really hard time hearing. I am worried that because of that impairment I am going to miss a lot of gold. I have heard that there is supposed to be ways to increase the volume such as amplifiers or the like. I ALWAYS use headphones. Any help or ideas on this problem would be so greatly appreciated.

As some of you may know, I purchased a Minelab Eureka Gold this week and I love it. However, there is one downfall that I am hoping there is an easy fix for. I suffer from tinnitus (loud constant ringing in the ears) and the very slight whispers of a signal I have a really hard time hearing. I am worried that because of that impairment I am going to miss a lot of gold. I have heard that there is supposed to be ways to increase the volume such as amplifiers or the like. I ALWAYS use headphones. Any help or ideas on this problem would be so greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWnlngWxYI

Pay very close attention at the 2:45 mark or so. Cheers! - Terry

If you can find an enhancer that has varible tones you may do better by finding a lower tone that stands out from the noise in your head... standard enhancers such as Doc's can/will raise the volume over your personal symphony...using headphones at that level of volume can be painful...so, the key is to find a tone and volume level that is clear and separate from the ringing...without the pain.

fred

Thats is AWSOME!

Ive lost a lot of my high freq range due to 28 yrs of F-16s screaming around me. :(

Seems my wifes voice is in that range too.. :o

Looking into a minelab.

Tks

Tom

Hi everyone,

Another way to think about tones if you've lost your upper register hearing

is to find a tone as high as possible because the faint targets

stand out BETTER in the higher tones.

In other words don't lower the tones too much

the higher the tone (within reason), the better.

My hearing is terrible. I used lower tones that were easy for me to hear for quite awhile

until someone pointed this out to me. I raised the tone from

about 45 on the ML scale to 63 and the difference on faint targets

is unmistakably better.

fwiw

Flak

Hey Chris...I am my cochlear implant prospector. How could I hear on metal detector with many different sounds? Use "t" (telephone) switch from "M" (manual) mode on hearing aid to turn up the volume/sensitivity to the point where you experience sufficient loudness. My friend made the vibrated wiring from my metal detector to give testing. It's work! I found some gold as much improvement since I learned from my friend. That's it!

The amplifier that will work with the Eureka Gold is the Trasure Screamer. I too have Tinnitus, as a matter of fact it seems to be particularly bad today.

Too much rock and roll music when I was in a band and too many rounds of gun fire at the range when I was a cop back in the 70's Back then it wasn't macho to wear ear protection.

I have been using Ring Stop, that herbal remedy, for a couple of years, and I don't know if the stuff works or it's just the placebo effect, but it does seem to help the ringing in my ears to at least a bearable level.

Doc

Archived