Custom 4x4 Prospecting/Camping Trailer Build

Hey Jason and the board,

Every now and then you meet some exceptional fellow prospectors and this past weekend at GV I met Jason and his group. It was certainly no black tie affair when we met. Rather, it was in the bottom of an extremely remote canyon, one in which I had gone about as far as i was willing to go on a very faint road that seemed to be disapearing fast. Me and my son Andre were out doing some beeping really not sure if we were on the ground we had hoped we were on or not. After 30 minutes had gone by a vehicle zoomed up to us in an area I didn't think anyone else would ever have the Cahones to even think of venturing into. As I heard this fast approaching vehicle all i could think was "Oh boy here comes the Forest service to put the cuffs on me" or some irate property owner telling me to get the "H E double hocky sticks out of there". Instead I was greeted by some prospectors looking for the same metal I was. What a releif....Shoot they even spoke the same language. The best part was Jason knew the road and we continued a few miles further into the remote area. We found lots of trash and had fun doing it but Gold can be found in more than one way. Good friends are hard to find but Jason and his group are some great guy's and I am looking forward to hunting with them again in the future. I must also say that trailer is one prospecting rig to be envied by all of us "Loco" prospector's. I had to depart for home so didn't get to see how Jason and his gang made out as far as finding the elusive metal so I hope they did well.

CGSteve

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve - great meeting you guys out there and great seeing another father/son team. I told my son I hope he and I are still out hunting together when Branden is Andre's age and longer, he assured me we would...:) Anyhow sorry we split up at the end but no we didn't have anything added to the poke yesterday. But next weekend is only 4 days off now...we'll be heading back out. Maybe closer to your next of the woods. PM me and let's meet up again anytime, Evan and I head out almost every weekend now. Best of Luck - Jason

Out in the field right now with the new iPhone with Verizon....never had coverage with AT&T.... Now out with the trailer, laptop checking out footprints...! This is the life about to fire up the 5000 now. Love hunting at night!

AZ........

Have fun!

Ive done a night hunt before. Its fun. You can concentrate a lot better.

Just watch out for the legless critters!

Tom

Archived