Early Sunday Morning Hunt - Specimen Gold

• Admin

Hello All,

This morning I decided to make a run back out to where a discovered a new, but small nugget patch. I wanted to focus on some other areas up further where the mineralization looked promising. Once I hiked into this spot, I noticed a series of small (1-3 inch) rotten iron veins running in a NW - SE direction. The patch down lower where I scored about a dozen smaller nuggets was below these veins.

Searching in and out of some smaller drainages I noticed some spotty handstacking in one drainage. I focused most of my time working this area, but it was loaded with iron rubbish (square nails, wire, tin and such). There wasn't in my opinion enough old workings to warrant this amount of trash, so I eventually found several prospect up further and an old campsite. Over the years majority of this dump was eroding down into the wash, making it very difficult to metal detect today.

As much as I hate digging tons of garbage, I stuck with it for a few hours and ended up scoring 3 small iron/gold specimens. This might be a decent drywash location and once the bedrock is clear of garbage, it could be metal detected.

Here are some pictures from today -

sunday01%20(800x600).jpg

sunday02%20(800x600).jpg

sunday03%20(800x600)%20(2).jpg

It's out there .....

Hey Rob:
Nice finds for sure! :)
You got a nose for finding it.

If you need a weak mind and strong back.....I can drywash it with ya :0

Well, maybe not...thats a lot of work!

Sure wish the oldtimers were a little "cleaner" makes it tough.

Taker easy....GL to you.

Tom H.