"NAKED-EYE-NUGGETS"

Have you ever wished that you could just get down on your hands and knees on a stretch of exposed bedrock and actually see gold hiding in the cracks and crevices (probably somewhat like the old prospectors must have done back when) ??? Well, that's what I did, and where these small nuggets came from. I went out to one of my spots a few days after an exceptionally strong rain storm that got the wash running from bank to bank. It had actually had "re-exposed" some bedrock that I knew about that had been covered by a few prior storms. So after crawling about on my knee-padded-knees and hands for about 30-minutes I walked away with this little bunch of nuggets. It's kind of cool to be able to say that I have "trained" my eyes to not only see them from a foot or two away, but that I could actually lean back on my knees and also see them in the cracks from 3-4 foot away as well. Having good, bright sun shine helps also. Finding these little nuggets in this way really Opens-your-eyes and mind to grasp the mechanics of a wash and what affect it has on the positioning and placement of gold within it.....GO NAKED,.....ITS INTERESTING. Gary

post-803-0-05738100-1376280288_thumb.jpg

post-803-0-42924800-1376280298_thumb.jpg

post-803-0-61422200-1376280304_thumb.jpg

post-803-0-24599800-1376280311_thumb.jpg

post-803-0-80911700-1376280319_thumb.jpg

Gary, nice job!

You would realy like sniping around the mother load, on our days off the hard work we would just float around with our goggles and screwdrivers sniping a couple dtws a day. Great going on your sniping adventure,

Justin.

Gary, nice job!

You would realy like sniping around the mother load, on our days off the hard work we would just float around with our goggles and screwdrivers sniping a couple dtws a day. Great going on your sniping adventure,

Justin.

It's funny that you would mention goggles, because after a day or two of being successful Naked-Eyeing these and a few others, I took a pair of my binoculars with me, unscrewed the front lens and attempted to "Eye" the situation much closer that way,................well, even that one lens was way-to-strong,........................So much for that idea. :spank: Gary