Virginia Nuggets from Today's Hunt

Here are the todays finds, one of my better days at this site. This is a slow process since we surfaced hunted the place a couple years ago, now we scrape with the mini excavator then detect, scrape again, and detect. Some of today nuggets were 18" and some were from four feet deep. I really like using the 16" Nugget Finder with the GPX 5000, when its noisy I adjust the Gain RX to 8 and the Stablizer to 8, the machine runs very quiet and is responsive to small nuggets. Oh, the total was 37 grams and the big one was 20 grams. Thanks for looking.

• Admin

Hey Local Digger,

Great looking gold as always. I'm seen some really nice gold come from Virginia besides the beauties you're finding.

I've also had some Minelab GPX 5000's head over to Japan, another place outside the US where a small gold rush is taking place.

I like the fact you're able to drop the Gain down on the GPX and still find a good amount of gold. Many believe you have to run the "Gain" as high as possible, but that is not the truth. Over the last year I have brought my Gain down and noticed a huge difference is smoothness and less Interference. I'm still finding tiny gold and bigger stuff deeper.

Thanks for sharing, hope to see more soon!

Rob Allison