Off topic help - Expanded metal

P.S. I know you have a lot of nice trees, and grass around your building, perfect place for the bums, if you contact Southern Nevada Water Authority (SNWA), and put in desert landscaping they pay you a certain amount per square foot of grass you remove. Replace all your grass with rock and cactus, that will keep them out. It will also cut down on your water bill.

Dave

Yes, you ae right, however when you read the fine print you must irrevocably give SNWA the right of Way to that property which prohibits any and all water features in perpetuity. So, just let's say Steve Wynn buys up all the property around me and wants my property for a new mega resort. However, his plans call for the big pool of the resort to go right where my building is at. SORRY, can't do it, because I gave someone else my rights. Not worth it! I'd rather pay to do the desert scaping myself. removing the trees is an issue because it shades the building which faces South.

I can't imagine what my utility bills would be without those trees.

I made a make shift contraption with some locks, hopefully that will disuade them for a while.

I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestions and the laughs!

Doc

Doc,

Can you provide any picture of the anti-syphon valve location?

To see if i have any metals for you.

Billy

Billy,

Thank you so much, this is very kind of you. I did some stop gap measures bending some expanded steel around the valve and padlocking it in place. Really ugly. Let me see if that works, if not I may be back to ask for your help. I really appreciate it.

Doc

Doc, I don't know the cost but there are some excellent glazing products that are highly effective at reducing thermal transmissions, sound and are pretty much vandal proof...that old building could use some moding up!

new windows would eliminate the need for shade...

fred