What are the odds to find this nugget?

Lucky and I have been hunting nuggets together for years now. My first goal like most was to find a one ounce nugget. The first nugget one was over at around 25.5dwt, next I found one at 22dwt, but never did get my first 20dwt, 31.1gram, 480 grain nugget. Well, I finally did it!!! I got my first one ounce nugget, 20dwt 31.1grams, 480grains on the dot. I figured the odds of ever finding one exactly one ounce have to be rare.

Any how, it was a great hunt, Rick and I found some good gold, and I was a happy prospector. Oh, how I found it? ya, we did some research for the high country to beat this valley heat. AROUND :huh: the La Porte area (you can guess hydro pit) we found a little patch. Well not much trash in the area we were hunting, but square nails were here and there. I got the banging signal, but thought it was another nail blowing my ear drums out. I wack the surface with my pick one time, and this big beauty comes flipping out of the dirt. About shit myself, and hollard over to Lucky. Dig all your targets, staying honest on the bangers can prove to put a big smile on any prospectors face, and gold in his poke!

EC400371-480C-470A-A49B-204473150056-6559A922C42-0644-4695-8E11-4F340E6E3BCF-65520FB5287-809F-4C38-ADC6-0C324D0207F7-655

Old Pinkie, keeps digging them fat ones for you! Not much trash, well there is a few pounds less after this last trip! High country is as hot as it is down in the valley...cooler months are somewhere on my calendar? Congrats! Over the years you've dug 5 or more pounds and that's going to work and school...you don't waste time when your in the field! Until our next hunt!

LuckyLundy

Awesome find, Nuggetslayer ... I think anything OVER one ozt puts you in the club .... That is a beauty for sure ... one of these days I'm gonna take Rick's invite and come hunt that country ... So different than the big AZ ... Way to go on that beauty ... Cheers, Unc

Yeah buddy!! I had a big smile when you sent me that pic earlier. I had a blast hangin out with you and Rick sittin around eating hog belly in between nuggets. I learned my lesson in those hydo pits real fast the nuggets could be anywhere and dig everything haha. Great job brother. See you soon.

Wow!
Thats awsome slug of gold :)
Are you still playing with it? :)
Glad you found that klunker.

Tom H.

Ron, you more than welcome anytime...catch a ride with Border Boy, he will have you swinging a coil in 16 hours at this patch!

Border Boy, nothing like fired up Pork Bellys and good German Beer!

One ounce nugget on the button is "one in a million" Gravelwasher you called it!

Until the next fat one!

LuckyLundy

Nuggetslayer

Wow!! Nice chuck of gold, good job. Its nice to see gold like that is still being found, especially in a hydraulic pit. LaPorte is a very large area with a lot of areas that I don't think have been beat up that bad. There are still a lot of areas way off the hidden path up there.

I was wondering if Lucky was still out there, haven't heard much on the forums from him in a while.

Good going guys.

Wes.

P/S Must have been the "Lucky Hat"