Meaningful Email from/to Jim Straight

• Admin

Hello All,

Here is an email I received from Jim Straight. The importance of this email is about having special friends and letting them know. I had two mentors in my life when it came to metal detecting for gold, Jim Straight and Richard Doherty. I never got the opportunity to tell Richard truly Thanks for all he done, but I still can with Jim Straight. If you have a special friend or family member, tell them how much you appreciate them.

Hey Jim,

I appreciate your email. That being said, you were one of my mentors when it came to prospecting and metal detecting back in the early 90's. If it wasn't for your books and information you written in various magazines and such, I'm not sure I would of stuck it out. It was very frustrating back in the early days metal detecting with no help or information like today. I was lucky enough to meet Richard Doherty in Rock Springs one morning back in the early 90's and seen his collection of gold nuggets from the Bradshaw Mountains. It was an impressive collection of what he said he collected "recently." Meeting Richard was the best thing that could of happened to me when it comes to nugget hunting beyond knowing you. He taught me not only the fundamentals of metal detecting for gold, but the mental aspect of it also.

You learn after the fact how important friends are in your life after they are gone. I felt Richard would live forever. I know I told him Thanks for many things during those years, but not sure I really told him how he was the one that changed my life when it came to becoming a successful nuggetshooter and later the idea to build a business around what I enjoyed most. I could only wish I could walk through that front door of his "Health and Wellness" center and tell him what he has done for me today.

I no longer have that opportunity with Richard, but I do with you Jim. You have been an icon in this hobby for the last 50 years and with your books and writing, your legend will live forever. Without guys like you Jim, this hobby of metal detecting for gold wouldn't be what it is today. Your books and publications sell just as well, if not more than 20 years ago.

Thanks for always being a "special friend" and allowing my picture to hang on your mantel. We may never meet in person, but with the hundreds of emails and letters we have shared, I feel we made that special connection long ago.

Thanks for everything!

Your friend,

Rob Allison

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:39pm
To: "Robs Detectors" <info@robsdetectors.com>
Subject: Rob's Detector Sales. Contact us

Rob... I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH
FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME...jim

Rob Allison
Rob's Detector Sales
http://www.robsdetectors.com/

623.362.1459 (o)
602.909.9008 ©

Being somewhat new to the prospecting game, there are a few people on the various forums I frequent whose names are mentioned frequently as "legends" in the prospecting world. Jim Straight is one of them. Nice gesture on your part Rob for recognizing and giving thanks to somebody that helped shape your character. B)

Rob and Dennis.Thank you both for being real true friends. Thank you both for all your help and opportunities. I have learned alot from both of you and will be very happy when the weather cools down again to really make a go at it this time. You both inspire me Greatly !! Hope to see you both again in the future. Sincerely, Ralph Lowrey