MINELAB'S NEW GPZ-7000

Bloke down here reckons he got an email form a dealer saying he was now taking orders and the price was going to be around the :blink: $10,000 + mark AUD. I sure hope its not.

Roo, I expect that's probably right.

Let's say the U.S. MRSP is $7,995 (which it could be given the 5000 was $6,995) $7,995 is ruffly $10,250 AUD

Let's hope the MAP is way better, I know Rob will have some good deals, but we can't purchase off him darn it!

The OK bit is that as the US$ distends, so does the gold price in OZ and NZ $1,718 per fine oz here today and rising, I got a feeling the global economy is very poorly.

I think I'll be coming over the ditch to get one, refund Oz GST on departure and only pay NZ GST on arrival, no duty.

On a different note, I wonder if the 5000, the 7000 was tested against had an 11" mono on? That would equate nicely with the 14" DD on the GPZ

That is if it is a DD as rumored and not concentric or other ?

To make a 40%* claim they need to have concrete evidence otherwise it would break consumer advertising rights here and I expect so in Oz too!

Very very exciting times indeed. If the economy nose dives we'll need the very best tools we can get.

Cheers

Kev.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i am reading the post correctly it makes a good point that gold holds its value or increases as dollars decline.

Only money.

I was adding up how much money I had in gold detectors and it was over six thousand. Now I know that's not a lot of money but for a guy in Texas that you could say a no gold country. My thinking that's more than I should. I may have to do like Congressman sell all to buy the new 7000.

I'll tell my wife if she don't have the money to stick me in the ground when I die just kick dirt over me and call it good. The way the cost of everything is going up I may not afford to die. Now that don't sound too bad.Ha

Live long and love along the way!

Chuck Anders

Hahaha chuck. ..no doubt..

At least with the 7000 we should open plenty of good gravesites....A big deep hole that I could be rolled into....

"PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO FILL THE HOLE AFTERWARDS!

Lolol

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I'm sure the 40% claim is under optimal conditions, which we don't know what that was. I really doubt this unit is going to go 40% deeper over the GPX 5000, even with a larger 14-inch DD Round coil on the GPZ 7000. I would say it's going to get 10-15% more depth over most conditions. Keep in mind, as much as I don't want to dig deeper, in some places just a few inches could make a huge difference.

I'm hoping for a much smoother detector (less EMI), as EMI is a huge problem here in the Southwest. There are more and more planes, powerlines, towers and such be placed each year, closing in on the once really open goldfields of the US.

We all remember the claims with the GP Extreme came out. 55% deeper on smaller gold and 18% deeper on larger gold at depth over the prior SD series. I know I wasn't getting double the depth on smaller nuggets, but I made a killing picking up dwt sized nuggets at depth on SD patches.

Just my thoughts even though I haven't see or used one. :ph34r:

one inch means all new ground....... right?

thats the way i look at it...

I can rationlize anything if i try....lol

;)

Sounds like its not far off. One of the major dealers down here is now taking deposits for them, $500 with price not confirmed, but will not refund the money if the person decides not to buy.

Your thoughts seem in line somewhat Rob with what the tester told the person I know.

Yep, I remember the GP Extreme when it came out. Something funny from back then. There were a few of the early Extremes, first released ones, that actually did detect nuggets at inches deeper, close to the claims made. I saw it first hand and was shocked to see it. This guys machine worked awesome when he detected with the coil held 6 inches off the ground! Seriously, on the ground it detected with less depth than an SD 2200, but 6 inches above the ground it killed the 2200 by inches! He only found out by accident. We were testing the Extreme against a 2200 and seeing how well each heard the detected targets. So the 2200 gets this target and the guy tries the Extreme over it. The 2200 had it as a for sure target with the coil on the ground, but if the coil was raised a couple of inches it was gone. The Extreme was tried over it. The target sound was weaker than the 2200. But as he began raising the coil to see when he lost it the target began to boom in as if he was getting closer to it instead. The target was a nugget of several grams. We thought it might be the ground, but nope, dug up the target and no ground noise at all. This was repeated several times.

Now I know that some ground its a no no to run the coil actually on it down here due to severe mineralisation which we were all aware of and this test had nothing to do with those reasons. The machine actually hammered in signals being run 6 inches off the ground. Not all Extremes did this and I only knew of 2 myself that did. Unfortunately I could not find one for myself that worked in that way :( That guy went on to find a heap of good gold.

Roo,

I loved my GP Extreme. It wasn't one that you looked for, but ran smooth compared to my Buddies 2200! This new detector's information isn't far off to us prospector's and then soon into our hands. I think I will go out and get my little blue coil dirty tomorrow and wait a few more days.

LuckyLundy

Sounds like its not far off. One of the major dealers down here is now taking deposits for them, $500 with price not confirmed, but will not refund the money if the person decides not to buy.

Your thoughts seem in line somewhat Rob with what the tester told the person I know.

Yep, I remember the GP Extreme when it came out. Something funny from back then. There were a few of the early Extremes, first released ones, that actually did detect nuggets at inches deeper, close to the claims made. I saw it first hand and was shocked to see it. This guys machine worked awesome when he detected with the coil held 6 inches off the ground! Seriously, on the ground it detected with less depth than an SD 2200, but 6 inches above the ground it killed the 2200 by inches! He only found out by accident. We were testing the Extreme against a 2200 and seeing how well each heard the detected targets. So the 2200 gets this target and the guy tries the Extreme over it. The 2200 had it as a for sure target with the coil on the ground, but if the coil was raised a couple of inches it was gone. The Extreme was tried over it. The target sound was weaker than the 2200. But as he began raising the coil to see when he lost it the target began to boom in as if he was getting closer to it instead. The target was a nugget of several grams. We thought it might be the ground, but nope, dug up the target and no ground noise at all. This was repeated several times.

Now I know that some ground its a no no to run the coil actually on it down here due to severe mineralisation which we were all aware of and this test had nothing to do with those reasons. The machine actually hammered in signals being run 6 inches off the ground. Not all Extremes did this and I only knew of 2 myself that did. Unfortunately I could not find one for myself that worked in that way :( That guy went on to find a heap of good gold.

It was DVT that put that power at your finger tips, you were seeing saturation coming into effect which had a greater effect on the GP extreme that it did on the SD2200. Not all ground saturates.... but watch this space because this subject will be front and center in the very near future.

JP

Hi Jonathan. I know the effects of ground and I can tell you there were a few freak Extremes out there amongst the first released ones. Others in the same ground did "not" do the same. I tried them and they were very different. We had a number of Extremes there and some were poor on depth no matter what. It wasn't settings or coils, we changed coils to see, it was the machines themselves. Even Phil, you know who I am talking about or should as you would know him well being connected with Mlab as you are, was scratching his head and had no answer when it was pointed out to him. These trials were not done by those who didn't know what they were doing or did not know the effect ground has.

Hey Guys,

I'm sure the 40% claim is under optimal conditions, which we don't know what that was. I really doubt this unit is going to go 40% deeper over the GPX 5000, even with a larger 14-inch DD Round coil on the GPZ 7000. I would say it's going to get 10-15% more depth over most conditions. Keep in mind, as much as I don't want to dig deeper, in some places just a few inches could make a huge difference.

I'm hoping for a much smoother detector (less EMI), as EMI is a huge problem here in the Southwest. There are more and more planes, powerlines, towers and such be placed each year, closing in on the once really open goldfields of the US.

We all remember the claims with the GP Extreme came out. 55% deeper on smaller gold and 18% deeper on larger gold at depth over the prior SD series. I know I wasn't getting double the depth on smaller nuggets, but I made a killing picking up dwt sized nuggets at depth on SD patches.

Just my thoughts even though I haven't see or used one. :ph34r:

Dear Rob

Yes it is going 40% deeper average and those findings were corrected for coil size and all conditions. So no, it's not under optimum conditions. The testing was extensive.

Doc

I have visions of a sardine can in Border Boys hand .......as he trys to hit me in the head with it from 5 feet down in a hole in the hard clay!!!!

hahahahaha :P

my question would be the sesitivity to smaller gold.. if it goes 40 % deeper for larger gold, would it loose some sesitivity for smaller gold. or would it find smaller gold deepr as well.

john

im looking to buy but im gonna wait and see the test results. i really want the GPX 5000 and the SDC 2300 bundle. but if this GPZ 7000 can be better than both in one. im gonna buy it. my first nugger was with the GPX 5000. in fact i found 3 in the spot total. the smallest was .2 grams i beleive. that was with just turning it on and using the 11in mono it came with. which i loved that coil. if the 7000 can find gold as small as the SDC and larger and deeper than the 5000...well, then imma hold off and go for it. im not as fortunate as some to be able to buy and test them all. i will have to buy and that being it. im really looking forward to the test results form you guys. if im not convinced, then i think the 5000 and SDC combo will be plenty deadly.

john