GPZ19 - GPZ14

A sharp eyed Auszie prospector spotted a depth chart in Minelabs' test bed video.

I took the liberty of adding an approximate depth grid to get a better idea of performance in moderate ground. (I've dug a number of pieces in the 1 to 2 gram range around the foot mark, but that was in mild ground. Extrapolating the possible advantage in mild ground is feverish :-)  

The new coil will definitely extend the Zeds incredible sensitivity to the next level down!

Can't wait to get my hands on one.

27253364233_0673eafdb0_o.jpg

• Admin

Hey Alchemist,

Wow.... that is some impressive depth if that is the case.  I have been amazed on what the GPZ 7000 can do on small/large gold at depth.  I have dug pieces at a foot that used to be 4-5 Gram pieces that are now 1-2 Gram pieces.  

A 1.9 Gram piece at 14 inches (show above in chart) with the GPZ 19-inch coil is crazy.  

• 4 months later...

Rob you might want to pick up your 7000 again, this new coil could be a totally new game.

The results appear to be the best case, whereas the lines I put on the one above were for medium warm ground.

Just under 2 weeks to go for Aussie then we'll know for sure.

Cheers

Kev.

GPZ19_imperial - Copy.jpg

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Going to be exciting to get the new 19-inch GPZ coil on the ground.  I just got an updated email from Minelab Americas, they are now stating mid-to the end of November.  I have a good batch of them coming, half are already pre-sold from early GPZ purchases from us.  Please let me know if you need one, as they will probably go quickly, at least the first couple shipments from Minelab. 

Anyone that purchased at the $10,000 price from us will get a discounted price on the new coil.  Not sure if I can post the prices yet, so will hold off.  

14 hours ago, Tortuga said:

That first chart you posted, based on personal experience, is actually pretty on. I can speak from experience about stuff to the far right. Pretty exciting stuff.

Yeah I thought I was being realistic based upon some of our tougher ground in decomposed metamorphic ultra-basics, but Minelab have really pushed it to the limits with the latest chart, if it's just half as good as they suggest, it should well and truly step above the GPX as far as hitting all types of gold the deepest.

No sunken chests on all the old farts swinging this baby! 

well finally got one in my hot little hands --all changed over and she certainly looks the part.

u will be pushing a lot of power to the 19" coil so I recommend a spare battery

it certainly dewarfs the 14" coil however make sure u have a H/D bungy cord coz u r going to need it for the comfort factor..

A lot of work has gone into the coil so heres hoping we can come back tomorrow with a few pieces..

regards

Oneday

http://IMG_3194_zpsq464jisa.jpg

Wow!

Do you think it'll be worth running this coil in Extra Deep?

I've just recently switched over from HY, which I've used the entire time I've had my GPZ, to General. After doing a little reading on the setting I made the switch to cut back a little on all the microscopic iron scraps and bits of wire I find, to cut back a little on ground noise and hopefully hear some solid, deeper targets. 

On 11/2/2016 at 8:16 AM, nuggethunting said:

Anyone that purchased at the $10,000 price from us will get a discounted price on the new coil.  Not sure if I can post the prices yet, so will hold off.  

Hey Rob, sent you a PM...I need one of the $$$ coils.

Bill

Tortuga there has been ziltch mention of Extra from Minelab or the testers, so it's anyones guess.

I've found some very deep chunky gold with Extra, in hot ground that moaned and groaned in HY and G, and Difficult couldn't hear them. Seems Extra cut out the groaning so I could just hear the very quiet signals.

This was while cleaning up some old patches, I was keeping it real slow and precise.

Keep an eye on JPs feed he's providing a little info. Looks like you need to have a training session with him to learn his thoughts on this " learned approach"

I think we will need to bury some deep targets and practice.

Cheers Kev.

https://m.facebook.com/JonathanPorter.TheOutbackProspector/?ref=hl

• 2 weeks later...

u certainly wouldn't go into difficult..u will walk over gold.

mainly used General and Normal with Sensitivity between 13-17.

when we used Extra Deep the targets were a little suppressed but they were targets.

General found a fair amount of gold.

Make sure u check the skid plate to ensure its secured to the coil -- tape the coil to the skid plate especially on the front end..very important--

clean the skid plate after about 20 hours of use to see if u have picked up much dust. the skid plate cannot be rotated 180' unfortunately.

regards

oneday

I am very sorry, but there appears to be some teething issues with this coil, hopefully there will be a simple solution as to why a number of people are seeing reduced ground noise, greater coverage and stability but little significant depth improvement.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t24407-gpz-19-inch-depth-increase-i-don-t-think-so

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t24391-gpz-7000-19-coil-test-sites

• Admin

Hey Guys,

It will be interesting to test in person as there are so many variables such as ground types, sizes of gold, personal settings/hearing levels and such.  I know one guy that I talked with a little bit and he said he's impressed with the 19-inch coil, but hasn't found any lunkers yet.  Many multi-grammers a few more inches deeper than the what he scanned prior with the 14x13 and prior with the GPX 5000.  He stated in 4 trips to old patches he almost has the coil paid for with smaller gold.  

I think this will be the norm, a few lunkers will be found deeper, but majority of the gold will be Grammers at greater depths.  Just my personal thoughts.  

Thanks Rob for the positive news.

There are a few good reports slowly begining to appear and it seems to be as you say, folks just needing to find its strengths and weaknesses and maintain confidence while they do.

Much of the discontent appears to originate from professionals, so it's understandable when it's their means of earning a living.

The long wait and optimistic marketing by Minelab has I think caused some to have unrealistic expectations.

My coil is still in transit so I'm yet to give it a run. I'm itching to get out and see what I can find with it. 

Maybe Doc should look at producing a secondary skid plate for the coil base, as a lot of people are peaved by debris and stuble getting caught in the spokes and causing hangups and ultimately shoulder grief.

Nice going on the gold by the way especially since you didn't get out much. Hopefully you will be able to round up their relatives with the 19"

Cheers Kev.