Do you remember finding your first "one ounce" gold nugget?

All found as I was heading back on my ATV to my truck getting ready to head home. I saw a quartz outcrop that caught my eye way up out of a wash. So that last second decision to go look became my last second decision patch. 

Edited by T-BONE

First one was found at Rich Hill, about cross the road from cemetery. Close to where Oreo nugget was found. A couple of years ago, I donated it to PLP for their auction. They thought better to ebay it; was sick how cheap they gave it away for. Was a beautiful piece!

IMG_0600 (600 x 450).jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, shep said:

First one was found at Rich Hill, about cross the road from cemetery. Close to where Oreo nugget was found. A couple of years ago, I donated it to PLP for their auction. They thought better to ebay it; was sick how cheap they gave it away for. Was a beautiful piece!

IMG_0600 (600 x 450).jpg

But.............you have been blessed since then with a monster specie :) U da man :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 7:36 PM, shep said:

IMG_0600 (600 x 450).jpg

Now that one is a beauty, Shep.  Maybe it went for a lower price than expected but I expect that good came back around to you.  Very kind of you to donate.

Man ... I wish I could detect that area.  But heck, you can't even get near the one cemetery due to gating off the road.  Anyways.  Thanks for sharing.

Shep, there was some nice gold found in that Oreo Patch of JJ's...I think a guy could drag a monster magnet through that area and then go in for some very nice gold...There's a garbage dump there the old timers used and gold has been found all around it...I'd think a 100# lift magnet would much more than pay for itself there! ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1