$1000 Finders Fee - Stolen Minelab GPZ 7000

• Admin

Hello All,

Back on Sept. 29th of this year I shipped a brand new Minelab GPZ 7000 to a customer in Los Angeles, CA.  Somehow the detector was either stolen or dropped off while in the possession of the US Postal Service.  I'm still battling with the US Postal Service to get the insurance value back of $5000, which is not even close to what the unit cost us as dealers.  We got word the unit might have been sold on Ebay, but we don't have solid evidence yet.  

If anyone finds or see's this Minelab GPZ 7000, it's worth $1000 cash to you!! I don't care if I get the unit back worn and beat up, just need the detector back.  

The serial number is # 52851858062

I don't have time to watch Ebay or Craig's List, but I'm sure at some point this unit will pop up for sale really cheap since it's stolen.  It could have been sold and re-sold for all I know at this point.  

Thanks for anyone that watches this stuff. 

• Sad 2

Dern Rob...srry to hear this. Will keep a eye open for it.

Tom H.

9 hours ago, Cowkiller said:

Rob there is one on eBay right now for 5650. Says brand new coming out of San Gabriel California. Very close to LA... First time seller, one item, no reviews....

Here's a link to the one Cowkiller is referring too, definitely looks fishy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Minelab-GPZ-7000-All-Terrain-Gold-Metal-Detector-with-Zero-Voltage-Transmission/142617123888?epid=1842122246&hash=item2134a49c30:g:We8AAOSwuhFaF9NI

Rob, keep up the pressure on the USPS. According to one USPS Supervisor I spoke to, upwards of 90% of all post office thefts are "in house," committed by PO employees. Several years ago I was able to definitely prove that the Postmaster at our little one-person post office had stolen our stuff. The Postmaster was only demoted to Letter Carrier. Not prosecuted or imprisoned due to the help of the Union, just demoted. 

The listing was active as of 11:09am when I sent them a message asking to confirm it was not a fake from china.

We have a large ebay sellers account(not industry related).

The listing looked suspect, no feed back, no other items, first item,location.

I decided to check it after lunch and bingo the listing is gone!

Rob, I have the message in my inbox. Never received a reply. You need to contact Ebay asap!

The ebay name as follows: mayana2017

Edited by Outhouse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adam said:

I messaged him a long time ago. He told me the serial number was  92539841064 and that the item had been sold.  Calm down people.....geezzzz

And of course all criminals tell the truth and would give you a real serial number so everyone should assume it's legit.

I'm sure Rob can call Deb and verify that number is a legit serial number and not his, but to assume it's not stolen or Rob's and tell everyone to stop being on the lookout, without doing so would be naive.

Jen

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 2

Yep your right , I do not know if the serial # is legit.  Just the same as you do not know that this eBayer is a " criminal " or not,  but you aparently know they are because of a shady looking listing on eBay. What are the odds Jennifer, that the one GPZ that go`s missing from the mail system In all of California, is the very one that happened to be listed on eBay around the same time? I`d say those are very slim odds. 

I would also think that most  "criminals " would not bother setting up an eBay, and paypal account or would take much pleasure in shipping anything in thier life.

I`d say that your post is more symbolic of overreacting, much the same as several others.

I'm with Jennifer on this one. The listing on eBay was extremely fishy. I live approximately 20 miles from San Gabriel, CA. In an attempt to help Rob in any way I possibly could, I sent two messages to the eBay seller. One, if the item was available to look at and two, was it available for local pick up. No response from the seller. Other forum members also had no response to questions asked. The listing got yanked in a heartbeat. I'm not saying anyone is a crook, but I am sure going to check things out before I dish out $5,600. Remember what this was all about, Rob got ripped for a $8,000 detector, people here were just trying to help him.

And......Adam, you need to calm down.....geezzzz

• Like 2

Well I know more then a few who bought 7000 under $6000.     

1 hour ago, adam said:

Yep your right , I do not know if the serial # is legit.  Just the same as you do not know that this eBayer is a " criminal " or not,  but you aparently know they are because of a shady looking listing on eBay. What are the odds Jennifer, that the one GPZ that go`s missing from the mail system In all of California, is the very one that happened to be listed on eBay around the same time? I`d say those are very slim odds. 

I would also think that most  "criminals " would not bother setting up an eBay, and paypal account or would take much pleasure in shipping anything in thier life.

I`d say that your post is more symbolic of overreacting, much the same as several others.

Bingo.

18 hours ago, AuWanderer said:

I am with Woody and Jen on this ....B) suppose you folks never watch Americas dumbest criminals. Besides this is all about Rob getting his gpz located, any lead may help.  

Exactly, it would be different if

Rob hadn't had one stolen the same week

It wasn't stolen enroute to LA

It wastn't listed for sale in LA

It wasn't a no history new ebay seller

It didn't get taken down quickly

..... shall I go on?

The last 7000 to go stolen that was discussed on the board was years ago from a truck in Yuma I believe, they don't go stolen that often that when one pops up suspiciously on ebay, we can igore it. It's worth checking out, if it's legit, no harm, if it's not.. Rob gets his gear back... if you're to busy to give a damn Adam... so be it.

Give your head a shake Adam, we're suppose to be a community here...

It may be the ex cop in me but I error on the side of too many coincedences are worth checking out, as I'm sure Rob appreciates.

Jen

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, adam said:

1: You don't know how stupid criminals are.

2: Whuuuuteverrrr!!!!!

Edited by jjbond

default_pop.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jjbond said:

1: You don't know how stupid criminals are.

You just proved my point.......It takes some computer savy, bank accounts, back up credit cards, valid phone numbers, mailing addresses and email accounts just to set up an eBay seller acct Jen, and you know this.  

I`ve had gold nuggets disappear 3 times in the mail, where was your " community " then? Jennifer  . Ive been through the insurance claim thing with USPS, and if Rob had it insurred for 5 K  then he will likely get it , even if it takes an appeal or two.

2 hours ago, jjbond said:

It may be the ex cop in me

Great ! another parranoid, over reacting, exaggerating cop with a personality disorder and a foul mouth 

28 minutes ago, adam said:

Great ! another parranoid, over reacting, exaggerating cop with a personality disorder and a foul mouth 

That's uncalled for Adam, especially in light of the fact that most people I meet say thank you for your service. Very low, even for you.....

Edited by jjbond