$1000 Finders Fee - Stolen Minelab GPZ 7000

Adam & way2cool,

Go easy on the "paranoid, over reacting, exaggerating, Barney Fife" cops of the world. I'm sure there are current, former and retired law enforcement personnel that participate on this forum. Whether we're the victims of theft of our gold machines or our nuggets, it usually the cops we call for help.

As I stated earlier, this was Rob just asking for some help and some of us trying to do just that. It's truly unfortunate that this got so off-topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin

Hey All,

Just a FYI, the listing that Jen was talking about, we are 99.9% positive that was the item.  He gave the serial number to several that matched mine in the beginning.  He pulled the listing and is now on the run.  The law is searching for him along with a Private Investigator.  He might never get caught, nor the detector get returned, but he's got about 3 major charges against him if he's caught.  I gave him the option to return the detector and I would walk away, but he tried to sell and get one over on me.  

He will have to watch his every move to not get caught at some point.  He's got Federal Mail Fraud on his hands, a criminal theft of over $7200 dollars, and Trans-State Internet Fraud.  He could face up to 10 years in Prison if caught.  

P.S.  We know his name, his vehicle, what he looks like :D

All I can ask from you guys is to help watch for listings in the US for a GPZ 7000 with the serial number provided in the first post.  

Run Forest Run ....... :ph34r: 

• Like 3

Thanks for the update Rob.... glad to hear my "it's not a coincedence" was correct after all, dispite what others thought and the resulting hurtful comments made to not only myself but any other current, past or future law enforcement member or customer of Rob's..... :D

Between it being discussed on all the boards, I'm sure he has little chance of flogging it to a detectorist...

Also peeps, keep an eye on backpage.com and kijiji classifieds.

Throw the serial number up on Steve's board if you haven't already, he has a lot of Cali viewers.

Jen

Edited by jjbond
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nuggethunting said:

Just a FYI, the listing that Jen was talking about, we are 99.9% positive that was the item.  He gave the serial number to several that matched mine in the beginning

Well how about that Rob ! Even still, I hope you get the money back.

1 hour ago, woody746 said:

Go easy on the "paranoid, over reacting, exaggerating, Barney Fife" cops of the world. I'm sure there are current, former and retired law enforcement personnel that participate on this forum.

Im not so sure Woody. I think most honest law abiding cops would appreciate my disgust for  bad cops that over react, jump to conclusions, or are bullies, egomaniacs, crooked, alchoholics, that have tendencies to be hypocritical, possessive, paranoid exaggerators with potty mouths.  

10 hours ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey All,

Just a FYI, the listing that Jen was talking about, we are 99.9% positive that was the item.  He gave the serial number to several that matched mine in the beginning.  He pulled the listing and is now on the run.  The law is searching for him along with a Private Investigator.  He might never get caught, nor the detector get returned, but he's got about 3 major charges against him if he's caught.  I gave him the option to return the detector and I would walk away, but he tried to sell and get one over on me.  

He will have to watch his every move to not get caught at some point.  He's got Federal Mail Fraud on his hands, a criminal theft of over $7200 dollars, and Trans-State Internet Fraud.  He could face up to 10 years in Prison if caught.  

P.S.  We know his name, his vehicle, what he looks like :D

All I can ask from you guys is to help watch for listings in the US for a GPZ 7000 with the serial number provided in the first post.  

Run Forest Run ....... :ph34r: 

Hope it all works out for you Rob.

Great trade off on that guys part! 

Federal charges,  prison,  always looking over his shoulder, wondering about knock on the door, and a detector that is serially tracked that he cant get rid of... .....all for 5800 bucks?

Yup smooth move bud :wacko:

Tom H. 

• Admin

Hey Guys,

I can't say too much more about it, as it's been investigated now.  I can only hope that a potential buyer would check the serial number before the purchase.  As long as they do this, it will  be very difficult to sell without a warranty.  Minelab will never warranty this detector, nor will they ever repair it since it' stolen.  

All I can ask of you guys/gals is to help patrol Ebay, Craig's List, Facebook, Various Forum, Backpage, Offerup and other sites to see if the guy try to list it again.  

Thanks for all the help so far.  

• Like 4