Prayers Needed - Off Topic

• Admin

Hello All,

Last night I received one of those calls, that we all are scared to get.  My Father, 67 years of ago, suffered a massive heart attack.  They were able to get a couple of stents into one artery, but all 3 of the major arteries are blocked to almost 100%.  My Father has never had any issues until now, even with this type of blockage.  

About four hours after this, he coded in the ICU, heart stopped pumping.  Thanks God after like 10 minutes they got him back and he's somewhat stable right now.  

Any prayers for my Father Wayne Allison would be much appreciated.   This has been a very scary 24 hours and I'm running on like 3 hours of sleep.  My Mother is taking this extremely hard, so I'm hoping with all the Prayers they can find an option to get my Father's Heart fixed.  

Right now he's on a Balloon Pump to help with blood flow and the 2 stents they placed, which the Doctor didn't seem to have much faith about.   He also has about 8 different drugs dripping into him.  

Thanks and God Bless! 

You bet We will ask the Lord to be merciful towards your father.  Five and a half years ago Prayers were asked in my case and He saw fit to help this old guy out.  The Lord will extend his blessings on a man that raised a good son like you I'm sure.  Take good care of your mom at this time.  

Old Tom   

• Like 1

Will definitely be praying for your dad and family! Hang in there bud.

Tom H.

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and encouraging words.  Last night I got the phone call around 2am that my Father suffered a major heart attack.  Tonight I would be lying if I wasn't worried another phone call could come through.  I'm hoping my Father and the rest of the family and all the people that have wished my Father well - sleep well tonight.  

As of 7pm tonght, we was in good spirits, talking and telling us to go home, he will be fine.  They have him on a bunch of meds and  still on the ventricular assist device (heart pump).  His blood pressure was good at about 128/75, but concerns on the Ejection Fraction at only 30-35%.  A normal heart should be around 50-55%, the highest being around 65%.  I'm hoping since it's been less than 24 hours and the heart has taken so much stress, the level is low right now.  

Thanks once again for all the prayers.  It's a day by day process right now, so please keep my Father in your prayers.  I'm definately praying not only for my Father, but all the great people that are sending prayers our way.  

• Like 3

YES!!!!!!! Thats great Rob.Thank God for modern medicine and what the Docs know.  Thanks for the update. :)

Will continue to pray for you all.

Tom H.

Prayer to your father and your family Rob, Hang in there, I have had a total of 13 heart attacks, I have 11 stents, and a 5X'S bypass, I'm not ready to go yet, It is day by day, I know first hand. I can't do the stuff I love to do, but I'm here to take care of my wife, Nothing else they can do for me, besides a heart transplant, That I will not have. I have almost the same ejection factor, so its not over yet. Grubstake

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers.  They are going to slowing ramp down the heart pump tonight and watch him closely to make sure the heart can take over by itself.  They decided he needed a bypass surgery, but he is too fragile right now, so they are thinking about a month out.  If all goes well in the next couple of days, they might release him home.  When his heart stopped, he was down for about 10 minutes, but they got the heart back.  During this process, they did 3 rounds of 2 minute CPR, so he got like 6,000 compressions.  They didn't break any ribs, but he's really bruised up.  They want this to hear up before an attempt for a Bypass surgery.  

God Bless you all, the prayers have helped.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Rob:
  He will be ok. Today's medicine along with prayers working together are awesome.

Dad had a 5 way bypass at 79 yrs old. He had a fantastic Doc. do it. He had 3 arteries 90% plugged, one at 70 and one at 50. I dont know how he was still walking but he was....these old guys are tough!  

Its a little rough at first and he will have  to carry a pillow around on his chest for a few weeks, but its worth it....just ask Dad.

If you need info on the Doc. just let me know and I or Dad will get it to you.

Still praying for all of you. :)

Feel free to call me if you want. 623-979-8272

Gonna be out in the hills tomorrow for a bit.

Tom H.

• Like 2