gpx 4500.... the gold slayer

have had my gpx4500 out on its 3rd trip..... investigate those ground noises....here is what one of them turned out to be   20 grams @ 14 inches! and a 4 gram a few feet away. only feet from the 8 gram i found last trip. the big one sounded like a mild hot rock. ground is insanely hot. ancient river bottom. layer is red clay and iron bits....the 4 gram was on the surface, a screamer

20180318_173202.jpg

20180318_145216.jpg

• Like 7

the ground here is the hottest ive encountered. also it is extremely variable. i have to ground balance every few feet, and have to be careful not to swing over contrasting ground. the big one sounded like a faint hot rock until i got down about 5 inches. even then i wasnt 100% sure it was a target. once i was down well into undisturbed decomposed rock layer, and the signal was very loud,  the anticipation started to get the better of me.  it was about 14 inches down. for a 20 gram nugget that may not be too impressive, but the ground being so intense masked the signal very well. im sure theres more of these at this location. ill be picking up a 19" nf evo to help me find some more of these bad boys. til then, ill be rolling rocks and trying different settings with my 14" coiltek mono elite

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Goldslayer,

I might need to get the Minelab GPZ 7000 over that ground ..... :D  

Congrats on the success with the Minelab GPX 4500.  Thanks for your continued business and friendship.  

Hope to see more gold popping out of the ground and posted here on the forums.  

• Like 1

im more worried about ray mills getting his zed on my spot. might need my wife to drop me off.....thats a play out of his book. having this kind of success so soon has me wondering what ive been missing with the sdc. sdc is a great detector and is excellent at what it does. now that i have a decent amount of experience and confidence, im chomping at the bit to get more hours on the gpx. im going to run the sdc over this spot again next trip, if the nf evo isnt here yet... sdc does handle extreme ground well, but even it was having a hard time at this spot.