A nugget here, a specimen there

Great weather this week to be out exploring. Wednesday was especially nice. Managed a few grams of both nugget and specimen gold. The specimen you see here has a nice little vein of gold shot through it and there is more in the area it came from I'm sure. It's that time of year again where fire restrictions are coming into effect so some areas of the desert already aren't allowing campfires. Stars are beautiful at night though. Time to prepare to head north to cooler states. 

wand2.jpg

wand2.jpg

• Like 2

Nice stuff there Rod. Campfire??? You don't need no frickin' campfire. You usually fall asleep shortly after we sit down anyways, lol. Can't have any up here either. Driest winter I've ever seen with crazy extreme fire dangers already. Be careful out there guys as Az. is so dry you can start a fire by kicking 2 rocks together right now. Dennis

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, IMPDLN said:

Nice stuff there Rod. Campfire??? You don't need no frickin' campfire. You usually fall asleep shortly after we sit down anyways, lol. Can't have any up here either. Driest winter I've ever seen with crazy extreme fire dangers already. Be careful out there guys as Az. is so dry you can start a fire by kicking 2 rocks together right now. Dennis

Haha! You know me well bro! A belly fully of good food and a beer around a campfire after 10 hours hunting gold just relaxes me. My most restful sleeps are on the nights around a fire under the stars ?

• Like 1