Head phones/pro-sonic wireless system/ earbuds

Hey guys,

Since it's started to warm up I've switched to a hat that has brim all the way around it , so the headphone thing not working to well.I have been trying the pro sonic speaker last few times but I'm thinking my attention span and hearing might not be good enough for it.I have a really good set of noise cancelling earbuds from Sony and have bought an adapter so they will plug in. I tried them on a couple little pieces of gold I found previously seems to work ok. Is there a reason not to use earbuds that I don't know about? Sure would like to know before I head out again ,be kinda sad to walk around with them in my ears and think I'm doing good but really not.Thanks in advance for the input.

stephen

Heck I'll take warm over hot any day-Come to AZ and see what Hot is all about-I've never liked earbuds-they get unconfortable in my ears after a while and never been a fan of the speaker setup either-but theres lots of beeperest that use both or one or the other - I always use headphones so I have the best chance of hearing that slight whisper of a target-If the earbuds dont bother your ears thats what I would use-I think using the speaker system just advertises to anyone around where your at and maybe attract un wanted guest-?-Mike C...:ph34r:

I want to make a comment. A full brim hat protects you from the heat?  Or are you protecting yourself from the sun?  When it gets Africa hot around here a full brim hat is usless... just sayin.....  If your working in one spot a canopy can make a difference , because it cools the air all around you .

My experience with earbuds is that they seen to amplify the noise from a slight breeze or wind.....I have a pair as my third backups....Last resort ( and i`ve had to use them).  For regular detecting however, headphones are critical. Hot is hot.. no matter what you do so just tolerate the sweat pouring off your face onto you dig hole until it cools down...No way around it. I do not have any experience with wireless systems but if they work good and don`t add to much weight then they may be worth a try.

When it comes to heat, I have the belief that the less clothing the better.....

Edited by adam

Cool thank you for the advice guys, I think you might right about the wind in the ear thing with ear buds I'll just have to give it try . I also agree the headphones are the best out of the three , As far as the pro wireless speaker from mine lab it seems pretty good and doesn't weigh anything at all. The hat is a shade thing not a heat thing I'm pretty good with heat . I was in the Phoenix area the beginning of the week for a couple concrete pours be headed back next Tuesday for another as long as it doesn't rain . Sure hope I can bust loose early and get a little detecting in . Thanks again for the help.

stephen