Prayers Needed for Mother-in-Law

• Admin

Hello All,

It's been a rough month, my Father is getting ready for Heart Surgery, now my Mother-in-Law has been in the Hospital on a Vent for the last 8 days.  We thought she was making small improvements day by day, but a couple of nights ago, she took a turn for the worst and is back at square one.  My Wife's family is taking this very hard.  We continue to Trust in the Lord, but would appreciate the power of prayer.  My Mother-in-Law is named Peggy.  Please pray if you would.  I will pray for anyone willing to send thoughts, prayers and concerns for her. 

God Bless!

• Sad 2

Sending prayers for your Mother in law Peggy. May the Lord embrace her and make her well and put her on the road for fast recovery.  Please Bless as well, all the Family members to help them cope and find strength during these tough times.  Prayers for your Father as well , Rob ! -Ralph Lowrey

Dern Rob...srry to hear this. Will definitely be praying for them and your side of the family also. Hang in there!

Tom H.

• Admin

Hello All,

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.  My Mother-in-Law as of today has made no real changes, better or worse.  She now has been on the Vent (life support) for about 8 days.  The longer you're on this, the harder it is for the lungs and body to come off.  We continue to pray and be strong for her, always hoping she will start making small improvements.  I'm confident and Trust in  the Lord.  

I would also like to add, that Sally at the ICMJ (International California Mining Journal) wrote this to Dawn and I -

And the Bible is very clear that NOTHING is impossible for God, and he doesn’t want anyone to perish. His Son died for us even before we even knew we needed a savior. He loves your mother-in-law even more than you or Dawn ever could, so He will never leave her or forsake her. Even if she can’t speak to you, God can speak to her heart. The Bible also says the Holy Spirit prays on her behalf (and ours), and Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father and intercedes on our behalf. And another promise that helps me be at peace when I’m not sure if my own kids are “saved”,  Philippians 1:6 says, “I am confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” I know he began in them, so I need to trust that he will complete that work. Hopefully you’ve seen that beginning in your mother-in-law too…but even if you haven’t, keep praying and trusting. Nothing is impossible for God.

Sally is an absolute Gem of a person and friend.  I encourage anyone that is not a subscriber to this great magazine and people, please do so!  It's always great to have friends like her along with all of you, God Bless. 

• Like 6

Hello Rob, 

Sorry to hear about the situation(s) with your father and mother-in-law.  I guess the harsh reality (for each of us) is that as we all age we all develop health issues.  I have lost my mother and father to death a number of years back, as well as have other family members whose health is declining.  Just a few bible scriptures that are strengthening for me are:  Revelation 21:  3, 4 which states:   (3) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. (4) And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

2 Chronicles 6: 29, 30 states:  (29) whatever prayer, whatever request for favor may be made by any man or by all your people Israel (for each one knows his own plague and his own pain) when they spread out their hands toward this house, (30) then may you hear from the heavens, your dwelling place, and may you forgive; and reward each one according to all his ways, for you know his heart (you alone truly know the human heart).

Through his Kingdom, Jehovah will soon end the suffering of each individual.

Matthew 6: 7-13 states:  (7) When praying, do not say the same things over and over again as the people of the nations do, for they imagine they will get a hearing for their use of many words, so do not be like them, (8) for your Father knows what you need even before you ask him.
(9) “You must pray, then, this way:
“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. (10) Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth. (11) Give us today our bread for this day; (12) and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. (13) And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’

In the meantime, he tenderly comforts those who sincerely look for him:  Acts 17: 27,28 states:  (27) Seek God, as though you might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. (28) For by him we have life and move and exist, even as some of your own poets have said, ‘For we are also his children.’

2 Corinthians 1: 2-4 states:  (2) May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
(3) Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, (4) who comforts us in all our trials so that we may be able to comfort others in any sort of trial with the comfort that we receive from God.  Hope this helps a little Rob.   Gary

• Like 3

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the prayers.  My Mother-in-Law fought the good fight, but she was so tired of fighting, the family decided it was best for her to go to the Lord.  She passed around 9pm last night.  It's been a rough night and morning.  Payers for the family during this time of mourning and healing.  

My Father is scheduled for open heart surgery Wednesday morning (tomorrow) for a 2-3 artery bypass.  Please continue to pray for my Father if you all would.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Thanks once again for all the thoughts and prayers.  We are going to have a "Celebration of Life" for my Mother in Law today.  All the family will be getting together to remember all the great times we had together. 

My Father is doing really well.  He is up walking in the Hospital now and they said he might be released today or tomorrow for sure.  Everything went very well in surgery, no complications or issues, and they ended up doing 3 arteries.  Also, they used to slice your entire leg to get the vein out of it, now they just make two small incisions and pull the vein out.  Pretty slick .... 

My Father will have a long recovery to get back to full strength, but he is doing well.  

• Like 3

Im sorry for the loss of your mother in law. But am really happy about your dad. Tell him to make sure he carries his "heart" pillow with him everywhere. :)
Tom H.

• Like 4

Yes, hang on to that heart shaped pillow, don't go home without it.  Don't cough, sneeze, laugh, or fart without it.  That's how they took the artery out of my leg also Rob.  Great improvements in the last few years.  

Make him sit down to put his pants on, and make sure he does a lot of walking around the house to keep things activated and flowing.  He's going to 'feel great again'.  ?

Old Tom

• Like 1

So sorry for the passing of Dawn's mom.  You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.  I am glad you dad got his much needed surgery and he is getting better.  He will be a new man.

Doc

• Like 2

Continued Prayers for you Rob,

and your Family ! Sorry to hear of Peggy's  passing. Happy your Father is doing much better ! Hang in there my Friend, the Lord will guide you to better times.