The Equinox is the real deal...

Although I have only 8 or 9 short (2 to 3 hour) hunts under my belt on my Equinox 800, I have to say that I am really impressed with this machine.  I have used the CTX 3030 since 2012 and had a hard time leaving it in the truck and just detecting with the Equinox.  Without all the bells and whistles of the 3030, the Equinox has already passed the 10 inch mark on silver dimes and on one wheatie was close to the 12 inch mark.  This using the stock 11 inch coil, Park 1, auto ground, sensitivity about 22-24, iron bias 2, reactivity 2, horseshoe on to hear everything.  On 4 of my hunts I have come home with at least 1 silver dime.  My oldest a 1899 Barber, the other three are Mercs.  One from 9 inches, one from 10, one from 8 that should have been dug years ago by me and hundreds of detectors before me should easily have dug it.  I know that I have swung the 3030 over it on multiply times and the Barber that was between the 10 and 12 inch mark.  Hard to tell as it was in a clod past the 10 inch mark.  The unique thing about it was that it had the 3030 chirp that you get with no numbers and extremely easy to miss unless you have a ton of hours on the 3030.  

For a detector that is priced at $899 I was so skeptical that I wouldn't buy it.  My ole detecting buddy bought it for me as a early retirement gift.  Boy am I glad he did.  For the price, this is by far the deepest detector that I have ever used.   I have 3 - 13 inch dime with the 3030 and 17 inch coil and one 15+ 1917 Walker with the 3030 and 17 inch coil.  The dimes and the wheat are with the stock 11 inch.  That is some serious depth for an 11 inch coil in dirt!

I would love to hear from anyone who has been nugget shooting with one.  The are really suppose to be hotter on lower conductors.  I know the the salt beach guys are doing well.  Lots of other forum stories and YouTubes at the beach.  i will get to try mine out in a couple months on some So Cal beaches and can hardly wait.  

This is one easy to use, deep, fun detector.  If you have a limited budget but want top of the line performance, the Equinox 800 is the real deal.

HH,

PryorCreekJoe