Searching for new Gold Nugget Locations - Gold Found!

• Admin

Hello All,

It seems like every year I get less time to explore new ground here in Arizona.  Recently I finally told myself I'm going to check out a few spots I have researched in the past.  This particular spot talked about lode gold specifically, but the nature of the gold per the reports was pocket type. I figured this would be a good place to poke around for the day and I even found some extensive handstacking in one gulch. Working around this area yielded a ton of iron rubbish (old cans pieces, wire, nails and more) along with two smaller gold nuggets.  Due to the amount of trash, I might consider a good coin/relic detector such as the Minelab Equinox to help eliminate some of the rubbish. 

If I had to make an educated guess, I probably dug 20-30 pieces of rubbish for each gold nugget.  I had a nice pouch full of junk at the end of the day, even several bullet casings and lead.  I'm sure there is more, but I have to save it for a day I'm more willing to dig a lot of rubbish or figure out a way to really just "cherry pick" the gold nuggets among the rubbish (almost impossible I think!).  

Here are a couple of pictures.  I guess the old-timers were right, it's still out there .... somewhere :)

Wishing you all Happy Holidays and some gold nuggets to boot. 

newgold1.jpg.be453b228c4760e08de54681dcee65a2.jpg  newgold2.thumb.jpg.36ef785fd10dada0d61de47f0508eeed.jpg

• Like 10

Nice!!!!! Glad you got out and got them. Heck...........if it is really trashy and not too deep, break out the Monster.10" might do ok if its deep also... Might miss a few but wont be doing a lot of one leg lunges...........or placer it..........ive got a great D-11 to dig it out if you want to borrow it   :)

Tom H.