Hunting Gold Nuggets in Heaven - God Bless You my Friend!

• Admin

Hello All,

Well I'm not going to get into details, as I don't know enough.  However, I'm going to miss a great friend and prospector that loved to chase gold here in Arizona.  I'm going to miss all the text messages through the week asking about gold areas, when we can get together and such.  I guess we always take for Granite that our friends, family and loved ones will always be around for another day, week or year.   Looking back, I wish I would have dropped all my plans and went out detecting with him, knowing what I know now.  I know I will never swing a coil with you again here, but I'm hoping what you see now is far more rewarding than any treasure here on Earth.   I will always be thinking about you and all the great adventures (not enough) we had together.  

God Bless you my Friend. 

Picture 1- Chris found a nice 2+ ounce gold nugget/specimen in a place I showed him, old SD/GP patch.  

Picture 2 - Chris with a few other customers back when he first stated out, with the Minelab SDC 2300.  

chris.jpg

chris1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Chris had invited Tom and I down for a few days hunt.  We were making plans to go there when we heard of what happened.  He always seemed upbeat and a little quieter than some.  He was a good hunter and respected the outback.  We will miss him and his smiling face.  We were unaware of any thing going on in his life other that what was shared at the campfire. (Last one at LSD in November.)  I know he is in greener pastures now and a very contented soul at peace.    :(

Old Tom  

• Like 2

Yah. This sucks.   I was able to hunt with Chris a few times up here at LSD. Last time he got some nice ones. We were going to get together in Greaterville this year.     He also gave me good advise on buying a Yamaha Grizzly.  He rode them all the time out in the hills on the border, as he was border patrol.  I really appreciated his advice and help.Rest in peace bro.

Tom H.

• Like 2

Chris made great cole slaw ... May he RIP and my condolences to his family and friends...Sad, Unc  PS: Update: Dodie just pointed out that it was Luke who made the amazing cole slaw...Oops.

Edited by Uncle Ron
mistake about coleslaw
  • Like 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Chris's Father contacted me tonight, they need to sell all his detector stuff.  He will be sending me a a list of what items Chris owned.  I know for a fact he had a Minelab GPZ 7000  that was a proven gold finder.  Chris found plenty of gold with it, even some really nice ones.  I will list the items here on the forums.  If anyone is looking for a really good, GPZ let me know.  

• Sad 1

I think of Chris a lot. We were not close but, he had an influence on my life as a friend and as a fellow nugget hunter. He brought a group of us together more than once as a leader of men which in my opinion is a more than admirable attribute. I wanted to respond to the others that have been touched by Chris and share probably what they already know.  He was always there to draw the group together for an outing or to share the knowledge he had gained. I truly appreciated being a friend of his and will miss his contributions to my life. 

I have attached a picture of the gold that I found with Chris's help last year.

Thank you, Chris, I have always bragged on being a friend of yours!  

Chispa Gulch Gold 2019.jpg

• Like 4

• Admin

Hey Fishing,

Great looking nuggets and you have something to always remind you of Chris.   I can tell you, Chris was always excited to hunt for gold.   When I first met him, he would "hound" me on locations.  I knew the feeling, as everyone started at one point knowing very little, so any information or help would really speed up your success.  Chris learned quickly and became a very successful gold detectorist, especially down South.  There wasn't many patches that I showed him where he didn't find a nugget or two, one really nice 2+ ounce specimen.  

It breaks my heart thinking about him being gone.  Like you mentioned, he loved the outings, looked forward to them.   There was no question he loved to get groups of guys together camping and prospecting.  I wish now I would have went to more outings knowing what I know now.  

• Like 2

I went to the memorial service that was put on by Chris and I’s employer yesterday. It was really well done and was sad to see the effects of what happened on his family and fellow coworkers. He will be missed and I’ve had a few moments out flying when finding some good ground or long forgotten hand stacks I would grab my phone to write him a txt and then be reminded that he is gone.

Edited by desertpilot
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Very sad thing to loose a good one so soon.

I was really hoping it would end better than it did while the search was on going.

Any word on what went wrong or any info that might help others in the extreme environmental conditions we chase gold.

Such a tragedy.

• Like 1