Where specimens come from

The advantages we have with our detectors is what the "old timers" dreamed of. I can imagine them sitting around the camp fire after a long day of digging in the gold fields that were " played out" thinking 

" if we only had some machine that could tell us where the gold was "

Well..... It would have taken me months if not years if not a lifetime to find a small veinlet or "seam" that would produce specimen quality gold. The detector was given to us so we might experience our share of the excitement.

Here's a few pictures of a small vein I found that produced a few nice pieces. 

More pics to come!

00CB0725-40B7-41F7-9F0E-6DE31794A10C.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hey Dave, yes I have been sampling the vein as I go but there seems to be only a little fine gold right around the specimen pockets and then it goes void. Then another pocket in a few feet. I am sure there are more pockets beyond my capabilities. I will have to come back to it later when I have more resources. I do want to note that I have been swinging the 7000 since it came out and the depth on this specimen gold far surpasses any sluggy nuggets that I have seen. It's pretty incredible.

• Admin

Hey Walker,

Interesting to hear about the multiple small pockets.  If you have any more specimens to post, we would love to see them.  Stories like this really get you fired up to go prospecting.  I'm sure there are thousands of small veins out there, some that have some nice gold waiting for a good metal detector to find them near the surface. 

• Like 1