Is this reasonable?

I have a Minelab Eureka Gold detector that I am trying to get rid of and would like some opinions on whether what I am asking for is reasonable. 

My Eureka comes with the detector, the Koss headphones, two 12V battery packs (one used and one new in plastic),  two stock 10x5 coils (one used and one new in plastic), a Minelab carry bag, and a neoprene camo control box cover. 

I am asking for $500 or best offer OR trade for either a Gold Screamer Power Pack System for a GPX or a NuggetFinder Evo 14x9 coil with skid plate for a GPX. 

Another thing I'm contemplating is doing a straight across trade for a gold nugget dollar-for-dollar value. So, what would be a fair size nugget to trade for? I would really prefer a solid nugget instead of a specimen, but if I did consider a specimen I would like it to have enough gold value to match my asking price. 

Please share you thoughts or ideas. 

• Admin

Hey Chris,

If it wasn't for the recent overload of VLF's I have in stock, I would have worked out something with you (you already know that).  That being said, I think someone out there will work a deal with you, the Eureka is still a great VLF gold hunter and you have a new coil and new battery pack for it now.  

Thanks for your recent purchase of the GPX detector, Sadie coil and Speaker.  This combo for starters including the stock coils will get you out finding gold for sure.   You might consider a NF 14x9 or larger at some point in the future when you get some gold under your belt with the new unit.  

Wishing you much success my friend.  

2 hours ago, nuggethunting said:

Hey Chris,

If it wasn't for the recent overload of VLF's I have in stock, I would have worked out something with you (you already know that).  That being said, I think someone out there will work a deal with you, the Eureka is still a great VLF gold hunter and you have a new coil and new battery pack for it now.  

Thanks for your recent purchase of the GPX detector, Sadie coil and Speaker.  This combo for starters including the stock coils will get you out finding gold for sure.   You might consider a NF 14x9 or larger at some point in the future when you get some gold under your belt with the new unit.  

Wishing you much success my friend.  

Rob, I absolutely DO know that, and I am so very grateful for all that you have done for me throughout the years. I've told you before and I'll keep telling you...I am truly glad to be called your friend!

That being said, I have a lot of faith in the Eureka Gold. It certainly is a heck of a detector, and the only reason I am letting it go is because I already have the Gold Monster. With the GPX purchase from you, along with the GM, I don't really think I need a 3rd detector. 

I believe you 100% when you say that the stock coils are good coils, and I will surely keep them. But the downfall of them is that they are round. That is not necessarily a bad thing, I just prefer the elliptical shape... makes pinpointing easier for me. I'm looking forward to having a good training day with you. It will probably be after August when I can take my vacation from work.

On 3/16/2019 at 7:09 PM, Chrisman91 said:

I just prefer the elliptical shape... makes pinpointing easier for me

Hey Chris, how much gold have you pin-pointed with Mono round coils? ..Are you going to the nuggetshooter outing?  Maybe we can chat a bit

• Admin

Hey Chris,

The Ellipticals so make pinpointing a bit easier, but the small rounds do a great job also.  Once you get to the 14" round and larger the pinpointing is not as accurate as a smaller Elliptical or Mono.  There are times I struggle pinpointing a small nugget in the bedrock with my GPZ's 14x13" Super DD.  I also struggled on that last 2+ pound copper nugget I found down deep.  It was so loud, I couldn't use the old "Cancel" trick on the GPX series, nor did I have a poinpointer with me. 

That all being said, the Minelab 11" Round Commander is a deadly coil.  I personally found a lot of gold with this coil alone.  I always ended up with a larger 14x9, but the Minelab stock coils run very smooth on the unit they come with.  I tend to believe they are more calibrated to that unit than aftermarket coils (this is just a personal thought and experience).  

• Like 1