A cool Specimen

Very nice!
Tom H.

• Like 1

My thought is it would look pretty cool with a silver ribbon on the outside of it after it is cleaned up a little to show the gold/quartz  in the middle.  But you will have to get a person that knows how to do that kind of stuff with out destroying it.

Tom H.

• Like 1

Thanks Tom

Any thought on cleaning it up would help too. I put it in white vinegar and salt. The result is what you see in the picture. 

I had a thought for the pendant idea that goes with your idea of a silver ribbon. I could cut it in half and mount each side to a dime or something similar maybe a little smaller. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Try some pool acid diluted down.  IE Hydrochloric  acid .......as you know dont stick your fingers in it or eat it :) 

I would try a very mild solution of this and see how it comes out. Put it in for a little while and scrub it with a tooth brush until you get what your looking for. DONT leave it in over night or you might just have some cool little gold nuggets left. :) 

Tom H.

Edited by oldies1955
  • Like 1