Short Father's Day Hunt - A few Gold Nuggets Found

• Admin

Hello All,

Hopefully some of you were able to get out for a short hunt on Father's Day.  I left this morning around 3am and arrived at this old placer location around 5:30am.  I hunted with the Minelab GPZ 7000 metal detector for about 4 hours and ended up with a handful of iron rubbish, a few non-ferrous targets and 3 gold nuggets.  There is a gulch in this location that is stacked from the top to bottom, but the amount of rubbish the old-timers left makes it difficult to detect.   I could only dig so many targets before  I was exhausted from digging along with the heat.  

I was lucky enough to find the larger nugget, 4.1 Dwts during the first 15 minutes.  The other two nuggets were 2.6 Dwt's & 0.7 Dwts.  Not too bad for a quick hunt.  

I wish I could just click my fingers and  the iron rubbish was removed from this gulch.  I believe there is a lot of gold left, making me wonder why the old-timers were so sloppy.  I guess they did so well here what we are finding now didn't compare to what they recovered.  

Oldplacer.thumb.jpg.67aaa469b66f0cdcefdf80a655bf770c.jpg

Its still out there ..... 

P.S.  Doc's new "Amazing Qweegle Bungee Cord" works wonders on the GPZ.  This is the best bungee to date I have used, much better than any previous version or Minelab's.  

• Like 3