Fox-Files 2019-20

I haven't been there yet i was just guessing from the info i obtained threw LandMatters. There's only one road to it and it is in the NW for that quadrant. So i'm assuming that is Golden Nickel.

The red box i made is just to show where i wanted to go not the size of a claim.

Edited by garikfox

Hey everyone I have returned and it didn't go so well 😞. For some very weird reason i hurt my neck i think. i was stretching to begin the walk and than stretched my neck a little and i guess i did something and hurt my right neck muscle pretty bad. Feels like a pulled muscle but i never felt one like this before. And with that said I had to return home.

I had about 1500ft more to walk to get too Genes Dream. The blue box is where i parked and the green line is how much i walked. The red box is the start of the claim. I took a few photos near the purple box. The area in the pictures is pretty much how you get to all of Map 5 claims.

The temp was great it was 64F and slightly cold in the shade. Very nice indeed 🙂

P.S - I have four photos but it wont let me upload any more pics to this post.

Edited by garikfox

I am also a RRP member. I live in Payson so I had to look this new claim up and do some research. Might be a problem. I hope they did their research at the BLM and county because BLM still shows active claims where RRP filed this new claim. According to Gila County document search online there are no proper notices filed this year with county. However they just may not be coming up online yet. BLM records show they paid fees for this year and claims are still active. I know the area and the claim belonged to the Superstition club, not sure of the actual name of this club, but I know they have had claims here a few years and last I knew the members have been working them. It is a good area so I hope I am wrong, but my research online it doesn't look favorable for RRP. It's not a complete coverage of claim to claim, but the other club has the gulches claimed if still valid. Just saying. Dennis

Claim name is B&G

Edited by IMPDLN
add info
  • Thanks 1

I saw the same thing Dennis. 3 placer claims and six lode claims filed at the BLM in that section - no sign of a RRPC claim at the BLM.

No sign of an RRPC claim at the County Recorder's either. The most recent claim in that section is the B&G recorded in 2015.

The club claims there are the Superstition Mountain Treasure Hunters. I've seen some good gold come off those claims.

What claim does RRPC say they have there?

That's right Clay. The RRP claim is a new file. Could be an error on location, but the claim location info is coming up on county recorders page and BLM as of yesterday. 

It certainly overlaps B&G. Could be more to it than we can know online, but doesn't look good to me.

I actually found a nugget a couple years ago after the superstition club amended those claims after fees went up, like so many claim owners did. I was north of the amended claim just off the new claim boundary on what would have been their claim before the amendment so I know there is gold there for sure.

That section has a lot of lode claims on west side of it. I suspect since the fees are still being paid at BLM, according to records, that a family member is still paying them. However either the county is way behind online posting records or the original claimant has maybe passed and the family isn't familiar with the whole process and has failed to file proper documents with county. I guess since I live 1 block from recorders office in Payson that I should walk over there and see if I could do some boots on the ground research. Not sure if the Payson office can produce the necessary info though. Might have to go down to Globe to get the full picture. I suspect this might be the case because the original claimant was diligent with his paperwork for many years. 

Garikfox is correct with what he posted above. That's how I found it yesterday. Land Matters gives a good starting point for sure. SE corner of section 6, NE corner of section 7. Typical 20 acre rectangle split in half by the 2 sections running lengthwise north-south.

I've spent some time in the area. The old Lisa Hope claim was one of those in the area that was paper filed to sell a few years back. I spent many a day down there trying to survey that claim for the person that bought it. Unfortunately I was unable to prove it for that person. Lots of lead shot as it is a popular place for quail with many local hunters, but no bedrock and never found a speck of gold on that claim. Bedrock is very deep. Owner was a GPAA member living back east that never set foot on the claim. Haven't heard from him in a few years. He was old and might have passed as well. 

Unfortunately there are still quite a few people that got scammed into buying bogus paper filed claims in the Payson area that are still paying fees on them with BLM today. I won't mention any names here, however I'm sure Clay knows what and whom I am talking about. Same people did the same all over the state a few years back. I know of one that some lady purchased a 3.5 acre portion of one of those bogus claims for an unknown amount and she has been paying maintenance fees at BLM for many years now. Nothing ever filed with the county. Went looking for it one day out of curiosity. Nothing but ancient volcanic mud flow. I hate crooks that take advantage of people like that.

Garikfox, if you happen to talk to RRP office, you might mention our concern. I have a bunch of stuff on my plate right now and too busy working during normal business hours to contact them. Dennis

• Like 1

Sure, will do. You mentioned there's lode claims to the west. When i was there i saw a helicopter carrying a load/bundle from a cable. It went straight over the huge mountain to the west, also saw the helicopter come back too. My guess is was a supply drop for the prospectors back there. kinda cool.

The ground/area was extremely "hilly" lots of steep little hills. Their weren't any flat areas at all really.

Edited by garikfox

Mazatzal Mountains, wilderness area, nobody mining up there. Could have been anything. West over the Mazatzals would be north of Bartlett and Horseshoe lakes. Stuff flying over the area all the time including air evac and fighters from LAFB. There's even a guy that flies around south of Rye with a powered paraglider. 

Oh okay, was exciting to watch. At first i thought someone was being air lifted out but it was just a big package of some kind.

You mentioned the area doesn't look good. How come? I heard a little something awhile ago about the Rye area being good. I don't hear much though lol.

Rye and Hayden RRPC sites are the closest to me at 45 miles away. All the other claims are 90-120 miles away. So i will be going to Rye probably the most, I'm shooting for once a week. My next trip out is Nov 11th.

I'm also hoping to get my Buggy (honda pioneer) in the next week. I cant seem to go anywhere once i get to these claim locations because i'm on foot and only have a passenger car.

Edited by garikfox

I'm back everyone 🙂. Took me awhile to heal from my last endeavor 8 days ago. But i'm back ready to go. Note too self don't mess with neck muscles.

My next Expedition will be on the 11th, Monday.

I have some very good news and since i don't really have any friends to share my excitement with i'd like to share my excitement with you all!

I got my BUGGY!!!

2020 Honda Pioneer 700

I got it today from Ride Now Powersports Chandler. I financed it with 4K down.

Super awesome, me happy! 🙂 

honda.jpg.c1cf29bb321cf075b78578d8de407382.jpg

honda2.jpg.d44f6cabde33090d7dd6470f62266129.jpg

honda3.jpg.b360c7c9b5a2a9d116546ca9b9382e31.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't say the Rye area doesn't look good. However for every good area between Payson and Rye, highway 87 and the Mazatzals, there are just as many crappy areas in the same general area. Some good ground, some not so good. Same in lots of areas. Just how it is . Not every inch of ground in a mineralized area is favorable for minerals. Dennis

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello again everyone and Seasons Greetings!

It's been pretty rainy here in AZ the past 6 weeks so I took the time to get the buggy ready for its first expedition. The buggy came stock so I had to add a windshield, hard roof and A-Arm guards. I'm really liking this Pioneer buggy! I'm amazed how smooth it handles on the dirt. 🙂

I took the Buggy out for it's first expedition on December 13th for a test run at a RRPC claim. I didn't prospect that day i was mainly learning the new camera and buggy.

Edited by garikfox

• 1 month later...

I think you missed the claim. Did you use a GPS to navigate to the claim? I recognize where you parked, all I want to say is that ain't it. Don't prospect there that is the wrong claim. You are too far east. Dennis

I had to double check on Google Earth. You are in the proper place if at the spot you marked on the map. The other place I thought you where at looks very similar and is just a little east and north of there. It would be easy to get down the wrong trail out there without a GPS. Even with a GPS you could be in the wrong place if not set proper. Just to make sure the GPS settings are WGS84 with degrees, minutes to be in sync with RRP map. 

I haven't been down there in a couple of years. There should have been some exposed bedrock a short distance upstream of where you were at. Be a good spot to start detecting. Lots of trash down there from old workings. I've spent a lot of time on that wash further down surveying a claim for a GPAA member. No exposed or shallow bedrock down there and probably pretty deep.

Be careful of where you are down there. The RRP claim is butted up to another claim to the north, upstream a short distance. I know the guy, he's ok, but has a sour taste in his mouth after sharing one of his claims with GPAA for a couple years. The members pretty much dug holes all over and made a mess so he's not as sociable as he used to be if he finds somebody prospecting on his claim. 

Good luck out there. Hope you find something worthwhile for your efforts. Dennis

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Dennis, it was a great spot for sure. I think i saw that guy coming back on a new little pioneer. He had a white beard similar to Bill Southern's. Probably wasn't him but i did take a double take because i thought it was Bill :)

• Admin

Hey GarikFox,

Great to see you're still getting out.  I thought maybe we lost you or something.  The video looks good, always great to watch when others aren't getting out.   I've been doing some field instructions the last couple of weekends, but hope to get out soon.

ROb

• Thanks 1