Fox-Files 2019-20

Thanks Rob :) I loved this place for some reason, but the "red ramp of death" i'll call it actually scared me lol. I think i'm going to spend a day out there and flatten it near the end. I'll show you a picture of it. The video didn't show how bad it actually was and unfortunately that's the only way to the claim that i'm aware of.

redramp.jpg.90a6fb5891f6063bb03f437d251bb746.jpg

Edited by garikfox

I found my first piece of gold ever with a gold pan, about 5 feet in front of where you parked. It was a GPAA claim at the time if I remember correctly. Of course, the gravel was about four feet lower at that time and the bedrock in front of you was exposed as a ledge. Hard for me to believe, but that was over thirty years ago. It's still out there, good luck. Later...Jim P.

6 hours ago, garikfox said:

Thanks Jim P., Interesting! Do you think the last major storms filled it with gravel?

Always changing, probably been filled and blown clean many times over the years. Depends on velocity, suspended solids, duration Etc. That's why it pays to get to know an area, so you recognize newly exposed bedrock or reduced overburden above bedrock. Later...Jim P.

• Thanks 1