New White’s TDI SL With New High-Q Coil

White’s came out with a new coil they calling High-Q.

Some time back White’s came out with the TDI SL in a tan control box and a Miner John Coil . As some of you may know John’s business got burned out with others like Digger Bob .

White’s is back with the same detector but now has this new type coil and added the 7.5” dual field coil for 1099.00. To top it off they also have it in camo if you like for the same price. The new coil is 7.5” X 12” and they say it’s a hot one .

The great thing is if you wanting to have a Pulse detector for nugget hunting and anything else for so little money you’re in .

Chuck 

Edited by Ridge Runner
  • Like 1

I called Whites about a hour ago to find out about this new coil. I found out from a guy by the name of Jack  that the coil is a folded mono coil.  We know that Mine John was selling the same coil before his place burned down. Jack at Whites said they won’t be selling the new High-Q coil alone for a while.

If you buy the TDI SL you will be getting the folded mono and the small dual field coil for 1099.00 .

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Ridge Runner,

So I had some customer recently ask me the same question about the Miner John coil and TDI Special.  It was my understanding they were not available anymore, but now I see they are back on White's website.  I will have to inquire on this before I list them on my store, but if they are available, I can get them.  

That is correct on the 8x14 High Q coil, plus it shows right now if you purchase a TDI SL, you get a FREE 7.5" Dual Field coil also with the purchase.  
https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/tdi-sl/

This is a smoking deal for a entry level, very good PI unit for any gold prospector/nugget shooter.  Pass the word around for me :) 

• Admin

Hey Idaho Jim,

I'm trying to get some clarification on this from White's.  Right now they are offering this new deal on a White's TDI SL in Tan or Camo with the 8x14" coil + a FREE 7.5" Dual Field coil.  

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/tdi-sl/  (picture below).  

There was also a previous version of the TDI SL Special Edition that was offering Miner John's 8x12" Folded Mono Searchcoil.  I don't think White's still offers this unit, as it's not listed on their site or the price guide.  I have seen a few on Kellyco's site and a few others.  I think these are the last of what was available out there.  The newest model is the ones listed on top. 

Hope this clears some of the confusion up a bit. 

White'sTDISLBONUS.jpg

whites-tdi-sl-special-edition-510x510.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin

Hey Guys,

Talked with my White's Electronics rep last night.  Due to Miner John's facility burning down in the fire, White's don't sell that model anymore and they now have the Camo and Tan units as the replacement.  If someone is interested in one of the Miner John versions, you might be able to find one out there.

• Like 1

I saw an ad that said the coil offered with the camo version is an 8 x 14 Dual Field. Also, Whites said the coil was patented. The folded mono is not patented.

Jim

Edited by Idaho Jim

I'd bet that 8 x 14 Hi-Q DF is going to be a great tool for prospectors. I'm sure, at some point, they'll start selling it alone.

Jim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of different stories, and ads coming from Whites. Some say identical to MJ. Others say it's a Dual Field. If it performs like the MJ, I'm good, I've got one.

Jim

I too had called White’s and talk with Jack and I ask him first if the new coil is a dual field coil. His reply was no and I say it again Jack said no . He then informed me it was a folded mono coil.

What I’d love to hear from someone who bought the latest and greatest TDI SL be it Tan are Camo. Can you tell what you have in the way of coils?

Chuck 

Edited by Ridge Runner