Good treasure stories?

RSJ,

You know, you can get some pretty cheap (NEW), Mac's these days...

I think it's time...

You're missing alot of cool possibilities (just Google Earth alone is almost worth it),

and you would put those

possibilities to good use judging from all your posts.

just a thought...

Flak, you're right. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade.

Thanks!

RSJ

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSJ,

When you do upgrade, if there is anything I can help you with,

as far as OSX goes, please don't hesitate to PM me...

(make sure one of the first things you do is download "Camino",

a great web browser that will let you put pictures up on these

forums, the second thing would be download Google Earth from

"Versiontracker.com"}.

I know for sure you'll be happy that you

made the change, I can't even figure out how

I ever used OS9 now...

buddy 58 you can hit the hybrid square top right and it pust in the road on the airal

maps.also mindot type mine name and county and it tells you what there and when it was active date wise and has tons to map programs use it alot.you can cross ck mine name what minerals map location and view all at once.Cool site

for rattlesnake Jim,

hi Jim, here's something that may help you with your current Mac.

http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/graphdownld_en.htm

The link is to the builders site in Germany. It will convert all those unrecognised files into a mac friendly extension. You may have to use one of the earlier versions / similar to your OS. I do believe there is a free version or a trial version which should be OK for your needs. it's a very good pic-editing tool too.

good luck.

lemons

for rattlesnake Jim,

hi Jim, here's something that may help you with your current Mac.

http://www.lemkesoft.de/en/graphdownld_en.htm

The link is to the builders site in Germany. It will convert all those unrecognised files into a mac friendly extension. You may have to use one of the earlier versions / similar to your OS. I do believe there is a free version or a trial version which should be OK for your needs. it's a very good pic-editing tool too.

good luck.

lemons

Thanks lemons!

I'll give it a go!

RSJ

Hey Garimpo, Flack,

Been in and out a lot, got in early yesterday. Had to shower, shave, and well you know, restock. :lol: Havent been up to the canyon for a while. Been working on some things over in the Bradshaws.

Hope to get loaded tomorrow and get an early start on monday. Maybe I will find that big one with my name on it.

Garimpo, how long are you going to be out for? As someone said, [think it was Flak], being out there with no PC, man that sucks. We want to see some of that big stuff that your going to get.

I will be out three or four days this time.

Bob T.

Good luck Bob, and be careful.

Get some gold and then have a show and tell.

Ain't left yet Flak, maybe wait a few more days and see if the rain up North slacks off some.

Hi Flak and all Gunsite folks, been going over and over in my mind the last few days about particulars that I may have forgotten.

Wish there was some way I could accurately describe the location of the North side of the canyon where I and Charlie both think there's the best possibility of some thing being buried. It's also where I found the spot that I think someone has taken out a cache. Which is just to the West and a few feet below where some people dug a very large hole in solid rock while I was there.

On the West end of that canyon wall is an area quite large that is totally different than the rest of the surrounding area. Charlie thought there may be a concealed mine located there. A good GPR would be just the ticket for that area.

On the West end of that area the canyon wall drops off fairly steep and almost at the peak before it starts to drop is where ole Charlie found two large silver bars. He estimated they weighed about 20 lbs. each. He said they were laying on top of the ground in plain sight and only a few feet apart.

Remember ole Charlie never had a detector, he used dowsing rods and a shovel and pick.

You can tell I haven't been out hunting in awhile I guess huh?

(gives more time to think of weird stuff to write)

BUT:

That is going to be remedied starting tomorrow

(I'm only saying it here, where hardly anyone but a few of us reads).

I'm headed out to the famous Gold Basin

to meet with the bunch that's gathering out there for the weekend with

Bill Southern.

Cool.

I am sure it will be an education - I'm really looking forward to it.

Now Garimpo I hope the rain stops long enough for you to get out there

and dig some serious holes. In fact, I'll bet you're there now. I hope so anyway.

regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Flak on your new addition to your family!!!! :blink: Please give him a good home so he won't come back here for another visit. ;)

I think rexb tried to teleport his vehicle at GB and it fizzled. :o

Happy Easter to all of you.

Is that StarBucks coffee I smell? EEEECCCKKKK!! :huh:

Only thing worse than a cup of Starbucks coffee is no wife to bring it to you. <_<

Tricked the skunk this morning, since I have quite a few trees around my house I have to get out a ways to see the sky so I started the truck, backed out and took a look at the sky and it was terrible, heavy rain clouds in every direction. Parked in the street (rua) went back inside and had a cup of real coffee, did I say cup, actually about a pot of fresh ground coffee beans, slow roasted and filtered through a cloth filter. :P

Excuse me, time for my evening refill, (second pot) ugh--that looks funny--that's second pot of COFFEE. :blink:

Yeah, I had that little skunk in the front seat with me all buckled up for the trip home, he got rowdy though and upset over getting oil on himself from all the empty cans. I zapped him via teleportation en route back to the southwestern desert. Looks like he gets around if he's now visiting you. %$#@! teleportation, wish I never thought of it, think I'll limit it to transportation of mid-sized objects and small furry animals. What am I saying?,

:lol::rolleyes: ok, I think I won't mention tele... from here on out rest assured. :mellow:

rexb,

If you'd just take that skunk off my hands one more time,

I'd really appreciate it. (I'll pay for the teleportation costs is you incurr any),

he's really made himself at home here since about February.

Garimpo,

I'm off the Washington D.C. with my boy and his fifth grade class

for about a week on a field trip.

So it'll be quiet from my end for awhile...probably a welcome change.

regards

• 9 years later...

:)Well Rob O'l friend: Here is nineteen pages of Old Treasure Stories to

enjoy during the still hot or wet later summer days :):closedeyes::spank::huh::o:P:ph34r::mellow::angry2::angry:....

Here we are 23 on August 2015 and enjoying going back to 2006.... Gosh Rob, I have

been lost all my life... jim