"SPECIAL THANKS TO STEVE HERSCHBACH"

• Admin

Hello Steve,

Just wanted to send out a special Thank You for allowing me to book the first week at Moore Creek this year. Once again it was an amazing trip to Interior Alaska. I didn't do as well this year, but no one can predict the outcome. To me it was more of a vacation with friends and a bonus to find gold!

Anyone that hasn't experienced the outback of Alaska is missing out. Moore Creek is probably the best "Pay-to-Mine" Alaskan adventure one could ask for.

I also wanted to send a "Thanks" to your cousin Bob Herschback and George (Seeker). Bob cooked some amazing breakfasts & dinners for the group. I never heard one complaint the entire trip, even from the guys that found very little gold. George was a great help for anyone wanting to know about the area or needed asistance with something around camp.

I'm hoping we can get something cooking for next year! ;)

Thanks Steve H., Bob H., Seeker and the entire first weekers for memories that will last a lifetime.

Sincererly,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Buddy,

The one week trip to Moore Creek is $1,995.00. However, that don't include airfare. From Arizona a friend booked all of the first weekers and I believe the cost was just over $500 round trip from Phoenix to Anchorage and back. Then you have the Pen Air flight which was almost $400 then the Redline Air (Bush Plane) which was $175 (I believe). Then you need to book a stay in McGrath on the way out of Moore Creek for one night. The going rate was around $75 without dinner included, or approx. $95 with dinner.

From the Phoenix area you're looking at roughly $3,500 for everything. This is a bit more than what it costs, but $3,500 should cover all your food on the way and just in case you want some extra cash to spend.

I could be wrong on a few of the prices, but not by much. Hope this helps a bit.

Rob Allison

Thanx for the kind words, I myself had a great time and an even greater time watching you folks pull in some very nice gold for the week. It was great meeting all the folks, some I knew and NJ and I probably walked by Gaines place in Hilo last year but this time ( Dec 06) we will make an effort to locate his business and maybe do lunch .. I think Steve and I both thought the skunk had us but I managed to pull one small piece out of the ground Tues before we left. I am glad you folks liked the new setup, I for one know just how much work and thought went into making the accomodations as pleasant as possible, so the guys and gals could enjoy themselves... Good Luck to the rest of the groups.... :) HH...Geo

Hi,

Thanks Rob. I second the thanks to Bob and George. George was a ton of help on stuff and it would have been a tough job indeed without him there at the mine during setup. Many things simply would not have got done until later than they did and some things not at all. I just wish lady luck had smiled more on him. Neither of us seemed to have our gold finding circuits turned on!

Steve Herschbach

http://www.moorecreek.com

I can attest to the fact that Moore's Creek Mining is one first class pay to mine operation. The great Alaskan outdoors, comfortable rustic accomodations, four star camp cuisine, great camraderie and of course, the gold...Steve, Bob, George, great job guys. I'm ready to sign up for next year, where's the signup sheet?

Hey Steve, you ever considered one of those frequent flier punch card thingies? :D;)

Thanks for the reply Rob , I am glad that you had an outstanding time , well maybe I might head up there next year , I have always wanted to go and seeing that fist ful;l of nuggets in Glenns hand gives me more reasons to go :o

So I take it you guy's did not have any bear problems??. Did you see any at the camp or there abouts??

Thnx

Buddy

There was a small Black that passed thru camp a few days before the clients arrived, however I think most of the bears are up on the slopes eating the berries etc that were left from last year as most of the scat we observed was pretty much full of berries. The food garbage was burned nitely so that temptation was pretty much eliminated. Most of the clients traveled together and if noise is made more then likely you will never see a bear...HH...Geo :)

Rob I have to jump in here and also send a special thanks to Steve for the hospitality.

Bob your meals were out of this world(wife is not reading this I hope!) :lol:

Had a great time hearing all the stories you and George have told.By the way cigar is on me next time.

Rob,Thanks to you for the invite.

To all of you guys on this trip,what a great company,had a lot of laughs.Hope we can do it again.

I am getting a bigger piggy bank to get the savings rolling. :P

Hi Gaine and Lazlo,

The thanks are due you guys. It has been fun for all for sure, and it is a win-win all around. Hopefully we will do it again next year but we will not decide for sure until after this year wraps up. As long as the majority of people are happy with the visit and indicate they'd like to do it again we will most likely continue. If either John or Bob burn out I already have others interested in hosting the operation in the future if we continue so no problem there.

I intend to focus on trying to get some gravel running through a washplant and so will be less able to provide help going forward with the pay-to-mine thing. This is unfortunate as I do enjoy being up there with everybody and think it would be fun to be there after all the setup work is done so I could just hang out more. But the first week we are still polishing up camp and obviously this year we had the geologists so I had little time or energy to socialize. My apologies for that.

Last year the last week was the best as it was much more relaxed because all the projects were done and so I could just sit around the campfire and shoot the breeze.

Again, thank for visiting Moore Creek!!!!

Steve H

George-

My you DO get around-- of course Gaines must be pretty close. Hope to see you in Oct in the UK--

Gary

Thanx for the kind words, I myself had a great time and an even greater time watching you folks pull in some very nice gold for the week. It was great meeting all the folks, some I knew and NJ and I probably walked by Gaines place in Hilo last year but this time ( Dec 06)  we will make an effort  to locate his business and maybe do lunch .. I think Steve and I both thought the skunk had us but I managed to pull one small piece out of the ground Tues before we left.  I am glad you folks liked the new setup, I for one know just how much work and thought went into making the accomodations as pleasant as possible, so the guys and gals could enjoy themselves... Good Luck to the rest of the groups.... :)  HH...Geo

Hi Gary Yes Detecting is a big hobby and I have a lot of friends around the U.S, that we visit on our trips to the lower 48, depending on where I am and what we are hunting, determines which detector I draq out of the closet , I wear many hats, some say nugget hunting, some say relic hunting and there are always things I am looking for that I probably won't discuss much....Glad to see you post, theres a bunch of great folks here..... Will be at Rye Patch next April. Probably won't be in the U.K. this year would like too but I am cogitating on a couple of things...HH... Geo :)