New Invention

I just want to say, that the post I put up about the Hipstck, I put up that was invented by nvchris, is still an on going thig, its a great invention, it takes all the weight off of your arm and shoulder, and transfers it to your hip or waist. He just got his patend problems striaght, so now he is good to go, He was selling them for an introductory price, but he got so many orders, he just got the orders filled, and the price had to take a rise, due to labor and matrial cost, not sure how much they are now with shipping and all, but worth every $. I used mine for awhile in a local park today, and I have my battery mounted to the side of my control box, you would not even know you have a detector in your hand, as it transfers all the weight. Anyone interested in one should PM nvchris and get the details, or maybe he can jump in and make a post. Best thing for detecting to hit the market since minelab PI's came to the states. More on this great invention SAT, after PoNDMN and Shep try it out. Grubstake

Ok, DOC heres pictures, I was going hunting today, but its a 108 up here today, and my hunting partner chickened out. but her's son pictures of THE HIPSTICK, it takes all the weight off your shoulders,arm and back, helps with coil control, can be used with your bungee or any other one, goe's on quickly, and is a fiberglass rod, with a D ring on the top, with a snap hook on the other side, it hooks into your D ring on your pack or harness, the other part os a scoket for the ball on the other end of the rod to fit into, it goe's on your pack or harness belt. here's pictures of me whearing it and the individual componets. Grubstake

HUNTING PARTNER CHICKENED OUT?????????

What a low blow! Don't know what to say, but I put my 9 hours in surcomining to my customers wishes. Working the park huh? How bout checking out all those little bikini's at the pool above your house? :rolleyes:

Shep you KNOW YOU would rather be climbing through an atic on a day like to day, instead of nugget hunting with me, Just razzing you a bit! Did you get your 3000 back yet, or did they lose your address again, for the third time? Grubstake

Hey Rob, did you take a good look at Grubstakes photos? That isn't the way I way picturing it at all when you were describing it to me. Looks like you could manage those verticle hillside pretty well with it - don't you think? And the ball has downward pressure on it so there shouldn't be any problem with the ball coming off. Am I picturing this right? :blink:

........ rf

Thats right, and it won't come out of the socket, unless you want it to. If you happen to fall or something, it would just pop out. but the down pressure holds it in. and will go anyway you can put the detector, like detecting the side of a gullie or going up or down hill. Grubstake

• Admin

Hello Russ, Grubstake and All,

LOL .... :rolleyes: I guess I should have followed directions. I was out in the field saying WTF, this thing isn't working right. The ball kept coming off the unit and we couldn't figure it out. Low and behold, Dennis and I had the shaft piece facing downward ... Duh ....

I really couldn't see clear pictures the night before, but Grubstake really posted some great ones now.

Hoping to get back out and test the "Hipstick" the way it should work. :o Looks like a great invention if you use it correctly.

P.S. Russ, great to see you and the shop.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dear group;

I will most definitely be ordering one of these Hipsticks once production is under way! RenoChris sure came up with the right invention at the right time, IMHO! That's using the ol' noggin!!!

Your friend;

LAMAR

Dear grubstake;

I am sorry, I meant no disrespect when I mistakenly confused NVCHRIS with Reno Chris. I suffer from a mild form of dyslexia and if I see a certain name or word often enough then my mind replaces the existing one on the page with the one in my head. It's sort of weird how it works and it mostly happens when I'm tired, but not always. Another strange thing to this form of dyslexia is I leave words out of sentences, then if I go back and proof read what I've written immediately afterwords, my mind skips over the omitted words completely! This is why I generally write something then wait for a half hour or so before I post it. It gives me a chance to proof read my posts and make all of the necessary changes beforehand. It also saves on a lot of editing once I post on a topic. Again, please accept my apologies. Tell NVCHRIS to get into high gear on the production of these things because I want to order 2 of them! This is a fantastic idea!

Your friend;

LAMAR

Lamar, I'm sure he will get into production soon, As far as getting the two Chris's mixed up, many do it, as there forum names are so close. It is a good invention, I think it will help everyone that detects. I wish you good luck detecting down there this year. Been watch stuff on the discovery channel about Brazil, and other places in South America its interesting, But hot and humid. Don't think I would last long there with my heart like it is. Take care Grubstake