Arizona National Forests

• Admin

Hello All,

Yesterday Leaverite and I spent some time doing some prospecting in the high country of the Prescott National Forest. On the way back out of there, we bumped into a US Forest Ranger. He stated that several of the Arizona National Forests are closed, including Coconino. He said if there are no changes, he heard from higher up that all the Arizona National Forests will be completely closed within the next week or so. This would mean no entry unless you lived there. He mentioned he already has given out 19 citations within the last week for unattended fires and such. He said the fines for being in a "Closed" Forest are extremely high!

Rumors of some rain coming this week, but then again Monsoon's seem to bring a lot of Lightning also. :(

Looks like we will have to live with low desert prospecting .... :angry:

P.S. Yes, we found some gold, but nothing in the Forest region. :mellow:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

What a shame that they have to close the forests to the folks that they are meant for. We are under a fire ban here in CO. and have been for the past month and a half. Believe it or not some dumb a_ _ decided to burn his slash pile 3 days after the ban was in effect & he burned a few hundred acres before it was extinguished, wouldn't want to get the bill for that.

It's pretty much like everything else - a few ruin it for the rest of us. Keep us posted on the status.

Keep on beeping B) - Frosty B)

Well they better improve on their enforcement then. Last weekend when we visited my high claims they had signs at all entrances and turns stateing NO motorcycles among other things such as fires etc. The Senator looked like a race was on. I've never seen so many trucks, quads and bikes on it for one day. We also saw 4 forest vehicles while "talking" to guys riding motorcylcles without giving out any tickets. Now I would rather see them warn guys also but all those guys had to of deliberatly disobeyed the signs and since they just got warned will no doubt go back regardless of the signs.

• Admin

Hello Lotsa Luck,

I know what you mean about a race going on. The US Forest Ranger stated they are really under-maned. I'm sure the guys on Quads just take the hell off when they see a Ranger. Not likely he is going to catch up with them if they are riding a quad on a backroad.

Take care,

Rob Allison