"SHORT SATURDAY HUNT"

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I decide to leave at 3:30am and head into the central goldfields of Arizona. We wanted to clean out a spot we found about a week ago where we found a few nuggets late in the evening. We thought the spot might show better potential, but we did manage to find (5) small nuggets from the location today. :D

Around 6am I walked right onto a beautiful Rattlesnake just waiting for the summer sun to set. He was pretty much curled up until he seen me and took off buzzing away! :o

Well was able to get back home and meet with a few customers before it got too late.

Hope you're all finding that Yellow Metal also. ;)

Rob Allison

Really nice nuggets, Rob...What's the total weight? & GPS :) ...(I ain't askeered of no purty snakes)... Good fotos...I hunted trash piles on the Cematery Flats today with my GMT...Way too trashy for my ML SD but I was able to distinguish lots of lead among the rusty stuff with the GMT, but none were gold...Cheers, Ron

• Admin

Hello Uncle Ron,

I haven't weighed them as of yet, but I wouldn't suspect more than maybe a 1.5 Dwt's total. :( Most of the gold in this area is small, but normally you can get at least a couple of nuggets for a short morning hunt.

Uncle Ron, I would invite you any weekend to join, but there are no gaurantees anyone will hit. It's a long haul from Wickenburg to come hunt dinks with us! :P You need to get over there where Mike and Gary are hunting. They don't post their finds here, I guess I run a "Rogue Forum!" :rolleyes:

Speaking of the Cemetary Flats Ron. I met an older couple, very stand-offish, several years down there before the famous Tongue nugget was discovered. This couple was hunting down there for a long time and sparked my curiousity. One weekend I drove down there and asked if they were having any luck. They pretty much tried to BS me, but I told them, "No one in their right mind hunts the same spots for months without any success." They pretty much knew they couldn't fool me and showed me their finds. Let me just put it this way, they had a shoe box full of specimen gold ranging from very small pieces to pieces well over a pound in size. I couldn't even tell you the weight of the gold, but I would just guess around 200 ounces! :o If people only knew what was really down there before the modern day rush happened.

Talk with you later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Jim P.,

Well someday you will have to join us when you have time for your friends! :rolleyes: I think you're only interested when I come home with ounces. You would rather sleep on the weekends than find dinks! :P:D

Leaverite and I were both hoping the area would have been a bit more extensive, but we did find some other spots that need investigation. Just too hot to do much right now with the heat.

P.S. Jim, I have the "Gold Bug" bad again. I have no clue what sparked my interests to hunt for gold now .... Why can't I get the bug during the Winter seasons ... :( There will be some big discoveries this Winter, been doing a bunch of research in remote areas and it looks promising.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison