Our spot is getting tougher .

• Admin

Hello Mike,

Thanks for sharing your find. Hope you didn't take it personal when I was razzing you about not posting your finds here anymore. :P Been following your posts over on Bill's forum and it looks like you and Gary have been doing well.

Leaverite and I spent the last couple of days working a few areas. We were able to snag (6) nuggets between us for the two days, but I think the areas are now pretty exhausted. Tough to do any serious hiking this time of year.

P.S. You using the GP3500? What searchcoil did you find it with?

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hello Rob, Thanks

I'm still using the 3000 and that was my bush-beater modded 14" coiltek mono , 19 nugs for me the last three times out to this spot and its getting time to find another like it.

Hello Ted , Thanks

The camera is a Pentax Optio S40 ,4.0 megapixel set on a tri-pod with super macro selected, no flash, 2 second timer to get my shaky hands off the camera and lots of bright light with a sheet of white paper between the light and the nugget as a defuser. These digitals like a lot of bright light on the subject so it can make its internal adjustments, bright sunlight makes a great pic also.

Thanks Russ,

Nice nug and pic you have also, what camera ?

Thanks Jim,

Sorry, I get a bit lazy sometimes and don't post things on every forum. I tried chasing down a snake to get a pic of but he made it in the bushes and I lost him .

Thanks Ted,

Your Welcome .

• Admin

Hello Mike,

I have an old Coiltek 14-inch Mono here that is really beat down! I found a bunch of gold with it over the years, but absolutely wore it apart. I think I stopped using it cause it was getting really noisy. I believe the coil got real noisy when I wore out the bottom and top of the searchcoil and moisture got into the coil. You think there is any way we can repair this coil? I also seen where you modified where the coil cable entered the searchcoil.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison