Awesome new research tool

Hi Rob and all, I stumbled upon this a while back. It takes all the MRDS and MAS/MILLS data and plots it on Google Earth. USGS

This is all free, and it's point and click. I'm not going to begin to try to explain how to use it, it took me a month to master the CDs I bought with the same info. No more queries or fields. Those of you who have the CDs know what I'm talking about. At first I was irked because I paid for this info two years ago, but the more I played with it the more I'm glad they did this.

Anyway, enjoy. I hope it turns some of you onto a few new patches. Just remember who put you onto it ;):D Later...Jim P.

Guest keninla
Hi Rob and all, I stumbled upon this a while back. It takes all the MRDS and MAS/MILLS data and plots it on Google Earth. USGS

This is all free, and it's point and click. I'm not going to begin to try to explain how to use it, it took me a month to master the CDs I bought with the same info. No more queries or fields. Those of you who have the CDs know what I'm talking about. At first I was irked because I paid for this info two years ago, but the more I played with it the more I'm glad they did this.

Anyway, enjoy. I hope it turns some of you onto a few new patches. Just remember who put you onto it ;)  :D  Later...Jim P.

Hi Jim,

I just tried it out. It's pretty cool.

It took a couple tries to figure out how to use it but it is very handy to be able to superimpose mineral/mine sites onto an aerial photo. It would be especially useful to be able to do some preliminary checking on a site before going there.

Ken

Google Earth vs HystWare

I’m going to stand back a bit and look at the entire picture before making to many comments as to the merits of what is being offered as ‘free’ by Google Earth versus what our program Mines and Minerals v1.0 offers.

As many of the forum members know, Rod and myself have had some good discussions on his forum regarding this matter, here’s the link! http://www.arizonagoldprospectors.com/invi...opic=1363&st=20

I also followed up on sending our CD to Rod for his review and comment at no cost to him. I also look forward to his views and thoughts. His input, should it be positive or negative, will help us to provide a better product beyond what is being offered as ‘free’ from the internet.

We are also adding information and features that the ‘free’ version on the net doesn’t have. They will be available to our customers as a free download from our site. It should be noted that in order for anyone to fully utilize the ‘free’ Google Earth software, a yearly subscriber’s fee is required to access addition data.

It’s my understanding that the initial public release of Google Earth occurred on June 28, 2005. We released our software on June 1, 2005. We had no idea that we would be competing with Google, but so be it!

Gary

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I would just like to add what I know about the data information. Some of the information, especially the placer info is way off. The locations are sometimes as far off as Mountain ranges. I have no clue where the original information came from, but some is very unaccurate. However, on the flip side, some is very accurate .... Go figure ... Just don't put all your faith into what the data says or you will be running "Goose Chases!" Although, that just might make you stumble onto something else on your hunt. :P

I never used the HystWare program, but Gary and I have talked over email a lot about the software. Gary, if you want to send out a FREE copy to me I will give you my honest opinion. I know Arizona pretty damn well and have tons of old publications most will never get their hands on. Some of this information has lead me into some very good placer locations over the years and most of it is unpublished.

The screenshots on Rod's forum looked slick. Could be a great tool to examine stuff at home. However, we all know you still have to do the groundwork.

Take care,

Rob Allison

I never used the HystWare program, but Gary and I have talked over email a lot about the software.  Gary, if you want to send out a FREE copy to me I will give you my honest opinion.  I know Arizona pretty damn well and have tons of old publications most will never get their hands on. 

The screenshots on Rod's forum looked slick.  Could be a great tool to examine stuff at home.  However, we all know you still have to do the groundwork. 

Take care,

Rob Allison

Thanks for the offer Rob, I'm going to take this one step at a time and keep it in Rod's 'court' first.

Consider yourself next in line to review/offer an opinion regarding our software program. I'll do the same for Bill, but Rod comes first on this because of his programming abilities :) .

And yes, after all these years we still have to do our homework/groundwork which includes dotting the "I" and crossing the "T" :blink:B) !

Best Regards

Gary

• Admin

Hello Gary,

Sounds good! Looking forward to hearing Rod's report on the software. I really don't think I personally need it since I have so many old bulletins, USGS reports, old books and such I have collected over the last 10 years. I have so many places to check out it would take a lifetime to get to them all. I know the software makes it much easier to zoom into a spot. Sometimes I hate to research cause I have to dig all my stuff out and sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for.

I seen you're running an ad on your software in the ICMJ.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison