Something New (not blue)

This guy came on azoutback saying a new detector is going to blow ML away.I think he has more Fuzzy Logic and smoke than detector. Go to www.dtekta.com and all you get is something to read. I e-mail them for a picture,field test and price. I also sent a e-mail out on Doug's forum if anybody knows about this company.

I'm here waiting with Fuzzy Logic and alot of smoke to see what I get from all of this!

With the field test that Doug did in OZ the GS5b didn't do so good when compared to ML.Another one bites the dust!

Chuck

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I'm just curious when another American detector manufacture is going to step up and make a PI. Garrett took the first step and designed the Garrett Infinium. It's not a Minelab in my opinion, but it's a good PI for the buck. Was hoping someone like White's or Fisher would come out with something.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob

I have e-mail Mr. White over and over asking for Whites to come out with a good PI detector. I think he's in his rocking chair and making all the money he wants off coin detectors.The market is alot bigger on coin than nugget hunting.

You know they have a PI water detector and I had one it was a good machine.

I don't like it when somebody comes on saying this so call detector will blow ML away and not one picture to show you.I'd want to see one that is as good just to bring ML price down.

Like a boomerang that won't come back is call a stick and a detector that can't compete just as well be call a stick in the mud.

Chuck

• Admin

Hello Chuck,

I agree with you, most of these posts about new detectors coming out are bogus. Minelab has had a monopoly on detector technology for the last 10 years and I don't see anyone in the near future taking that away. I would love to see an American manufacture build a good gold PI detector, but I agree they are getting "FAT" off of their coin/relic detectors.

I think both the GS5 and Garrett Infinium are good detectors, but still don't match the Minelab PI's in my opinion. However, for the price of the GS5 and Infinium, it's a price many can affort to get into a gold hunting PI.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

I received a e-mail from Dtekta.

It said Thank you for your interest. We are about to commercialize this technoogy but we cannot release details about the science or design involved because it is subject to patent application constraints at this time. We will advise as soon as demonstrations are available to the industry and to the public.

Please feel free to contact us at any time.

Best Regards

Murray Joss

Dtekta Pty Ltd

Maybe someday someone will make a detector that will blow minelab away before they say it.

Chuck