"ALMOST 2-OUNCES TODAY!!"

• Admin

Hello All,

Leaverite and I hit a spot that we both been thinking about, but just haven't got back there until this morning. We both decided to use larger searchcoil since the wash had minimal exposed bedrock and a lot of deep zones. I actually found a 4-Dwter in this wash a long time ago, but haven't been back. Leaverite and I both walked to the spot where I found the 4-Dwt and started from there. Leaverite started in the area where I found the 4-Dwt piece and I walked up creek always.

Not more than about 15 minutes Leaverite calls on the 2-way Radio and mentions he found a small piece about a Dwt. About an hour after that I see him walking up the wash and new something was up. Leaverite motioned to hold out my hand ... and then PLOP! :o A nice 1.50 ounce nugget with great character.

Before it was all said and done we recovered a total of (5) nuggets from the area. The total weight of all the nuggets was just under 2-ounce. :D We did a pretty good job at working the wash, so any other nuggets found are going to be difficult.

Leaverite was using the Minelab GP3500 with the Coiltek BigRed 24x12 Elliptical DD Pro Searchcoil. I was using the Minelab GP3500 and the Coiltek Wallaby DD Pro Searchcoil.

Below are some pictures of today’s venture. I found the (3) nuggets on the right and Leaverite found the Monster and smaller one on the left.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

It's good to see you hiting gold. It's been to hot for me to get out this year. The heat gets me down quicker, Doctor says its some of the meds I take for my nerves in my back. Need to find a work around. My partner Jeff and I have a spot picked out that we are going to grid this next week in the evenings. The area is pretty virgin.

Bob

Hi Rob, WOW that is fantastic ! I bet y'all did the jig over them babies haha ! That really gives the soul a boost when you make a hit like that. I'm very happy for y'all Rob and so go get some more my friend.

Hi 29, how are you getting along with that back Brother, I hope it is not too painful. It is getting really too hot after the morning hours to detect here. I hope you can make a strike like Rob when you get back out into the field Bob. I made a pretty decent little strike myself about 2 weeks ago. I been working a 106 year old house in downtown Sweetwater, Tx.. I found some gold and diamonds in the form of a ladies antique wrist watch ! Ok Bob I will see ya later and God Bless you and Rob.

John Tomlinson, CET

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the comments. I'm sure Leaverite was in High-Heaven when he seen that 1.50 ouncer jump out of the hole! :P

Uncle Ron - Leaverite's nugget has some Ironstone and White-Grayish Quartz. I'm pretty positive I know what vein the nuggets came from, but I believe the "Nugget/Pocket Zone" is long erroded away. There are several small prospects in the area, so the old-timers were trying to locate the source of the placer. Several of the washes are stacked. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Way to go guys, I sure wish I could get up to my spot, but it still a little on the hot side to make that one hour climb up that hill. going to start dredging in a couple of weeks, out at my old patch. Since it has a few ponds that hold water all year long, there should be a small fortune in them I hope. Grubstake

Those are some great looking nuggets Rob! Makes going out in the heat worth every bead of sweat!

Regards

Karl

Guest goldstudmuffin

Hi Rob,

Very nice nuggets!!! Is this going to be a new ouncer club abductee? :rolleyes: Now if you only had a souped-up 2100 with a 24" round mono you get get the really big deep lunkers that the GP's can't detect! ;)

Hi Jim, at least you got a call! :(

Dear Rob and Leaverite;

Congratulations! That is one awesome looking nug!!! I am still looking for one that size. Now go find and find a bigger one!!! Again, congratulations!!!

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Leaverite is no newbie when it comes to 1+ ounce nuggets! :blink: He has several already including the nice 2-ouncer he found at Moore Creek this year.

What are you guys talking about phone calls, when it my phone going to ring for an invite? :rolleyes::lol: I pick it up every once in awhile, but just hear a dial tone. Thought maybe you guys were calling me and the phone was broken! :P

I guess this was payback for me. Leaverite found a very productive nugget area several years ago and invited me to it. I hit a nice 1-ouncer there and felt bad. Well, this time it was on me, I invited Leaverite to a spot and he found a nice 1.50 ouncer. Why are my pieces always smaller .... LOL. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison

Hey, Rob, I got an invite for ya! I invite ya to take me out to the spot ya'll found this gold! I finally am getting some time with my Eureka Gold beeper and am about ready to head to the gold fields and find some "wild" gold! LOLOL

Way to go on the almost 2 ounces! That's just downright awesome. And nuggets that big are worth, what, 2-4X spot prices?? Man, ya'll paid for your gas! LOLOL

HH, ya'll!

Kajun

Guest goldstudmuffin

I wasn't sure if some of those Moore Creek nuggets would qualify for the "solid" one ounce nugget required to get in the club, not that I wouldn't mind having some Moore's Creek nuggets but they seem to have a lot of rock on them. They look similar to some of the GV specimans. Speaking of GV I'm wondering if the grass situation is any better down there yet?

• Admin

Hello Goldstudmuffin,

Majority of the Moore Creek gold is specimen. However, most of them are like cookies :D , quartz on both sides and a nice thick vein of gold through the middle. Most of them have a pretty good amount of gold, but with quartz on both sides it kind of hides the gold.

I know what you're getting at, there is nothing like beautiful solid Arizona gold! ;)

As far as the "One-Ouncer Club," I think several guys would be kicked out if specimens didn't count. I can think of two off the top of my head that haven't shown proof to the public to my knowledge. Funny, they can post every other nugget, but not that nugget for some strange reason .... :mellow: Ok, I will mind my own business. :lol:

Do I have to show proof, Russ? :P:rolleyes:

Scout's Honor we were not at JF this weekend .... :o

Speaking of GV, I have somewhere much better in the same region. Done some serious research and if the research is true, the hunt should be very promising.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Guest goldstudmuffin

hehe!!! Yes proof it! I like seeing the nuggets. :D I think I know how many times you qualify for the "Ouncer Club" unless you were holding out on me at 18 ounce patch :blink: I also know of at least one want-a-be nugget that was allowed in the club, you know suckin up to the Pres will go a long ways! :lol: When you get ready to go to your new area down south call me! ;)B)

Here’s the Just Dumb Blind Luck Nugget all cleaned up. Rob, next time I'll go up the wash,I just hope its not 110 out. You know, that nugget had your name on it unfortunately you had that god awful external speaker system that was once used by Jimmy Hendrix.

Cloud Nine yep, the desert isn’t so bad when your taking a nap in the shade but I knew I had to go and help you find your way back when I heard you say something about Lynx Creek and Phil.

Yes paybacks are a B I Itch, but you know it seems to be progressive (1oz, 1.5oz) you’re turn?

post-274-1152593837_thumb.jpg

post-274-1152593860_thumb.jpg