I saw this on eBay AA MINING CLAIM 4 SALE!

ARIZONA MINING CLAIM 4 SALE!

FREE DRYWASHER AND BLOWER WITH PURCHASE! Item number: 270007348871

I'm NOT connected with this, just thought some of you might enjoy reading it, wanted to see what some of yall thought about it.

In doing some futher checking, I see that desertblackbird bought one last month item #6638301503

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Ted Bigelow is the owner of those claims. I'm sure the claims have gold on them, but I seriously doubt the entire claimed areas does. I know the area well and I know there are several small drainages that once contained nuggets (probably some left), but a lot of barren zones in there also.

I think I would rather have a good 20-acre claim vs. 160 acres with 100+ acres that are barren. I think Ted would have a much better turn-over rate with claims if he would keep the claims smaller and on some of the better spots.

Just my opinions,

Rob Allison

Are those claims with the equipment the GoldenGirl Mining Company Claims?

Karl

• Admin

Hello Karl,

I didn't pay much attention to the name. I know Ted runs under "Red Spider Mining" and several other names from what I heard. I've seen a lot of the Red Spider Group claims up around Triliby Wash in the San Domingo Placer District.

A lot of people have had problems with Ted, but personally I haven't. He actually gave me permission a long time ago to work some of the claims. Maybe I'm just a likeable guy! :P Hehe ... :rolleyes:

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Just bear in mind that you are not buying land, just rights to work a mining claim on federal land, SHOULD the blm approve the transfer.

What you won't get: rights to build a cabin or other vacation structure; rights to close off roads; rights to keep others from hunting or fishing on your claim; right to keep other prospectors off you claim.

If you work the claim, you will have to give affidavits of work and expense to the BLM to keep your claim active; if not, you will have to pay the BLM an annual maintenance fee.

Be aware that if the claim (placer claim) is 160 acres in one parcel, the BLM may require you to break it up into a series of 8 individual claims of 20 acres each, as well as pay the corresponding fees. check into the blm mining regs for more specifics.

• Admin

Hello WhatsforSupper,

The BLM will allow you to "Quick Claim Deed" the claim(s) over to someone else. It's a pretty simple process. When I used to research, stake and sell claims I did it all the time. The BLM don't care how many times a claim trades ownership. As long as the claim is active by someone they are making money.

If the claim is an "Associated Placer" claim, I doubt the BLM will make you break the claim up. However, what the new owner might have to do is find others to put on the claims.

For example: If you claimed a 80 acre associated placer you would need 4 people total. Although, you get all the claims for a single claim fee. Most people that file them just put down their family and friends. :o

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

If the claim is an "Associated Placer" claim, I doubt the BLM will make you break the claim up.  However, what the new owner might have to do is find others to put on the claims. 

For example:  If you claimed a 80 acre associated placer you would need 4 people total.  Although, you get all the claims for a single claim fee.  Most people that file them just put down their family and friends.  :o

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

To clarify this for all. I recently researched it in depth and found that there is case law that BLM is using to allow any association claim (no matter of size) to be sold to a single individual with that person then being the sole owner of that claim, no matter of its size. There are at least 2 such case's where the courts have upheld this practice even though it seems to fly in the face of the mining law. I personaly would think it possible for the cases to be overturned on appeals if they were tried which may viod numerous large claims but its all lawyer food....

That's why I stated "the BLM mayrequire you.."

It's all related to the actual blm office and their goals.

BTW, many blm offices no longer allow partners in an associated claim to be related, or under 18 years of age. Also out are the family trust claims.

The guy selling these on EBay and elsewhere is pretty above board on all of this information, but rather than post the details, he does have links for the buyer to find the info before bidding. trouble is, people are lax on research. once they pay for the auction, they are pretty much out to lunch when it comes to trying to get a refund, after they figure out the technicalities or get challenged by the feds.

If, after the auction, they don't change names and make the right set up with the BLM, the seller may go back in a reclaim (and re-sell) the mining claim

• Admin

Hello Whatsforsupper,

I'm not disagreeing with you, and I agree that people should look into every detail before a purchase like this (especially out-of-state).

It's my understanding (hear-say) that the seller has re-claimed several claims after selling them. The buyers didn't file in a timely manner, maybe didn't know the details and lost the claims. However, this is just what I heard, I don't know for sure.

Always appreciate your valuable information.

Rob Allison

not knocking anybody, but it seems that everyone wants a lot in a forest, or gold area, and then lean towards recreational use.

If someone is buying a mining claim for that purpose, it probably won't work out that way. A mining claim is not deeded property. it is only a notice that allows people to work specific mineral resources as a right of being a US citizen.

Briefly, it's not to be used as a campground, to build any sort of hut or cabin, to put up a gate and chain people out, or to be used for RV parking if no commercial mineral exploitation is taking place.

Alternatives:

look up a land auction site and bid on some parcel. many times right in the sort of area you want. it will be your deeded land, probably appreciate in value, and you can build on it and enjoy adjacent recreational possibilities, including detectoring or mining. as a property owner, you'll also have the right to vote on issues affecting your 'pie'.