Todays short hunt

Well Shep came over to my house this morning, about 5:30 am and we went to the patch, we were up there and detecting by 7:30, after the long walk up the hill. Shep got one about 15 minutes after we got there, but I had none, at 11:00 AM he had scored a total of 4, and I finally had one. His totalled 5.2 DWT and my one was 8.2 DWT we left and came home at noon, it was a 103 today so it was getting pretty hot. Heres pictures, and mine with a quarter for size. Grubstake

Right on, Grubstake & Shep :D

Nice nuggets, it's 103 up here too.

Take care,

Ed

Nice job there Grubstake, It was 94 here today in the shade and about 115 in the sun. I went to a potluck at the neighbors cabin and we shot blackpowder cartridge guns all day so now tomorrow I have one bouble shotgun and two lever guns to clean. That will take my morning but something to do. Later my friend and nice nugget. Buffalo Earl

• Admin

Hello Grubstake/Shep,

Glad to see you guys back in action at the patch. Just seems like that patch keeps producing good gold! :D I found 6 small gold nuggets today, but really had to work for them. I think it was 150 degrees in Arizona today ... :ph34r:

P.S. Do you like the Coiltek Wallaby DD Pro I sent you?

Congrats on the new finds.

Rob Allison

I saw your nuggets ROB, nice little batch. Yes thats what we were both useing the Wallabys. I was kind if frusttrated with it at first, it goe's deep on small targets, which there is plenty of up there, wire nails and the genral crap from a mining camp. Its not as easy to get in and out of the brush as the Platypus, but I will get used to it. As you see after Shep sent his detector to Minelab for a tune up, his is working ok also. Anyway look in your private message's. Grubstake

Guest sandtrap

Talk about hot! Randsburg area--114* yesterday. ; doctor says "take a break"',

so will be in Mammoth area, at Crowley and Convict lakes, all week, fishing. It is only in the 80's there. First time my young son and I will fish together. A real experience , I predict.

Nice nuggets, all, hope that luck floats down this way.

Grubstake,

Great to see your continued success on your "patch". How big an area are you working? You seem to have done very well for some time. I wouldn't want to trade you for the heat. We are running in the 90's here in Montana and it is not a dry heat. Our big concern this time of year is having the forests closed due to the extreme dry conditions. We have several big fires burning in the eastern part of the state while I am in western Montana. Big forests here and many have been scorched over the last several summers.

Continued success and great pictures.

Bugler

Sandtrap, you're gonna definitely hit gold when you go fishing with your son for the first time! I remember very well, almost 6 years ago when my son and I first went fishing (he's 9 now). Had to bait the hook for him, cast for him, untangle line for him, etc. But when he hauled back on the pole and snagged his first fish the look on his face.....well, that's gold beyond compare, I guaranteee!!!!! Good luck to both of you and remember, patience, patience, patience!! LOL

HH, ya'll!

Kajun