"SUNDAY'S SHORT HUNT WITH FRIENDS"

• Admin

Hello All,

This morning Jim P., Leaverite and I all met up for an early nugget hunt. Leaverite and I decided to head back to the second spot we located yesterday. I pretty much concentrated in a small drainage, while Jim P. and Leaverite wondered the hills and smaller tributaries. Within no time I had a small nugget near where I left off yesterday. Within just a few minutes Jim P. found a nugget on the side of the hill.

This particular area is not noted for any real gold production. Most of the nuggets seem to be under a Dwt in size, but there are a lot of small ones. I believe this area is going to hold great drywashing potential due to the amount of fines and small pickers I have seen on the bedrock.

We all poked around for 3-4 hours before the heat ran us out. I managed to find (5) nuggets, while Leaverite and Jim P. found (1) each.

We all were using Minelab GP detectors (Extreme and 3500's) :D Who said the Minelab couldn’t find small gold? I seem to hear that from time to time. :mellow:

Pictured below are the nuggets we found today. The nugget to the far left is the one Leaverite discovered. :huh: The five nuggets in the middle are mine. The nugget on the right is the one Jim P. found on the hillside. Kind of a strange spot and might need further investigation.

P.S. My new name is Captain Dink!

Hope you're all doing well,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

I agree with you about the hunt and friends. There is nothing better than doing something you really enjoy. I have such a passion for this hobby it's unreal. The best thing about it is the fact I get to do it with good friends. There is nothing like finding a nugget, but then not having someone around to share the experience with... :(

I really enjoy chasing the ellusive gold with friends! :D

Thanks for being a special friend.

Rob Allison

Its kind of like I told Shep up there hunting yesterday, I'm not to disapionted whenI don't find gold, but always glad to see others finding it even if I don't. He had 4 nuggets at that time, and I was still looking. Then bingo I found mine. So see when you wish others good, good things happen to you. I'm not the selfish sort, I don't mind the people I take or go with finding gold. In fact it always makes me as happy as they are. I wish everyone good luck on your hunts. NVCHRIS and Shep will be out with me next SAt. Grubstake

Dear Rob;

Yeah, I am always reading that PI detectors can't find small gold, quite often, in fact. The truth of the matter is that they CAN and WILL find very small nugs, as the pix show, if the the settings are in the correct positions and the correct coil is on the end of the stick. Also, I think that technique has quite a lot to do with finding sub gram nugs too. I'm very quickly becoming quite an expert at locating very tiny nuggies. I only wish that I would become an expert at finding BIG nuggies! Oh well, Bolivia has never been known for it's large nugs. In fact, the largest pure, or almost pure, nugget that I've heard about was a 15 pounder that was discovered in the river that runs through La Paz. As it happened, the nugget was discovered inside of the township of La Paz! Yep, it was found right in the heart of the downtown area! All of this happened during the colonial period and the nugget was then sent to Spain where it remained on display for quite a few years, until someone discovered that the *nugget* on display was actually a gilded copy of the real one. The whereabouts of the actual nugget are still unknown to this day. On another note, you guys are quickly depleting Arizonas' nugget stock. Keep up the excellent work!

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Leaverite,

Sure fun prospecting with all you guys. Over the years I have met some wonderful friends.

"Heart of Gold!" :wub: Well, I guess with the cards I was dealt in the past, you either clam up or open up and realized you survived everything for a reason. I'm still here for a reason and I know the LORD has always kept one widow open even if he closed a few doors.

The LORD has allowed me to find a great future wife, land a good job, run a small prospecting business and even get out and chase a bit of gold. Heck, I what else could I ask for besides another good nugget patch! :lol:

Take care,

Rob Allison