:D Rob,

There is nobody else, that I would recommend to a friend, and I just told a friend, from Denny,CA on the "New River", to get CT Platypus coil from you, he has a GPX ;)

Any new's on any new Allterain coils from Coiltek?

would, like to see a larger DD Pro like the "Wallaby", but Allterain :P

P.S.

I'm not going to dredge, this year B) I thought I'd never say that - but I'm hooked on detecting :blink:

Take care,

Ed

Denny - I havent been there in years...... but I had a number of advertures there way back when.

Used to be a fairly dangerous place - pot growers and booby traps out in the hills.

Had some good gold though!

And very beautiful country.

Chris

Hi, Chris -

Wow, you get around ;) I don't think any locals would do that, "booby traps", - its the city guy's & greed :angry: but you do need to watch your surrounding's any were around up here in the woods, yesterday; I almost steped on a yellow jacket nest... And your right about Beautiful country :D and gold...

If your ever out this way, let me know :D

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Big Ed,

It's great to know I have a good friend over in the Mother Lode! :D The Coiltek Completely Waterproof Platypus Searchcoil is a "Hot Seller!" It's really the only reasonable sized searchcoil that you can use underwater for the Minelab SD/GP series detectors. I'm just glad I never jumped ships on Coiltek. :huh:

I gladly appreciate any business you send this way. :)

Well, for the time being the new Coiltek coils probably won't be seen. I was hoping to see a prototype before I went to Moore Creek. I talked with Trev @ Coiltek and it sounds like everything is on hold for the time being. The minute I hear something different I will let you know.

I tried to convince Coiltek to make a 15-inch WOT for the Minelab SD/GP series. The WOT is so freaking light. The Coiltek 14-inch Round was the hottest selling coil when Coiltek first started manufacturing aftermarket searchcoils for the Minelab detectors. I think the 15-WOT design would be a good all-around coil, plus it would be waterproof! B)

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hi Rob,

Yes, I like that WOT coil, I got from you for my Eureka Gold but have not put it to the same use, since I got the GP 3500 & CT Platypus :rolleyes: What is your opinion on the full size Coiltec UFO coil? and if my ground is to hot for a large mono like the UFO, would it be worth having?

I plan to use the Eureka/Wot combo on the hill sides this fall, to check around some outcrops, and cooler weather ;) very very steep ground...

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Big Ed,

The Coiltek UFO is a 24x12 elliptical mono that is completely waterproof. It's very light and will find some pretty small gold due to the size. When it comes to these web-type designs, it a matter of preference. There is no doubt this coil will get more depth over the "Mini UFO" and "Platypus."

Both the Mini UFO (17x10) & UFO (24x12) Mono's come with a FREE Lower Shaft also.

If you think the ground might be too hot for a mono, I wouldn't purchase the UFO.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Hey Ed:

It depends on how you define "locals".

When I used to go back there in regularly in the late 1970s and early 1980s, there were loads of growers up in the hills - they may not have been there year 'round, but they were up there for the growing season. Pot was by far the most valuable crop in the Shasta / Trinity area. There was like a whole hippie commune of them in old Denney. As there are no roads to old Denny, they brought everthing in and out of their camp on mule back - they had like a dozen or so mules.

Both the growers and the miners hated the forrest service. There used to be a forrest service office at the campground at New Denny, but the "locals" burned it to the ground one time when the Forrest service folks were out of town for a bit.

I have not been there since around 1996, but I hear the feds have done much to go in a root out the growers and get rid of them. The growers were a dangerous group.

Chris