does it really matter?

:huh: does it really matter which way you route your coils cord around the shaft, clockwise or counter clockwise?

you know? Lines of flux or something diturbing the coil?

Hey did any body find any gold this weekend? If so please give axact cordinates!

:D JUST KIDDING :D pictures will do>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Admin

Hello Airboy,

It doesn't matter which direction you wrap it, but it does help to keep the winding higher up the shaft. A lot of people don't know better and start wrapping the coil wire around the lower shaft. This could decrease sensitivity and also cause false signals. Also, make sure your coil connections are tight. If they are loose they can also cause false signals.

Also, the "Otto Complete Fiberglass Upper/Lower" Shaft Assembly helps elliminate extra noise also and is also a bit lighter. A bit expensive for this set-up, but I like it. :D

I will post a picture of how I have mine detector set up.

Gold? Well I found a few dinks and both of my new customers found their first gold nuggets.

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Dear airboy;

I don't wrap the coil lead around the shaft at all, my friend. I run the lead straight up the shaft and secure it in place with a cubic buttload of double sided velcro strips and when it gets to the control box I wrap the remainder of the coil lead into about a 4" loop and secure that loop together with another velcro strip. I am also sold on the Otto full fiberglass shaft too.

Your friend;

LAMAR

:huh: Glad I asked, Ive got mine rapt up tight the whole length of the shaft!!!

Opps, :o live and learn ;)

LAMAR did you go out this weekendand find anything.

I didnt get to go to any gold country this weekend :( but I did try out the beach with the gp! There shure is alot of money out there in the sand. I was finding quarters buried a foot down. I only detected a short while(30 min max) and found $1.50 in a strait shot 200 feet long, talk about a cake walk.

You know what this meens? now Ive got to build a beach machine!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

thanks guys AIRBOY

Hi Airboy,

I run mine staight up lower shaft, secured with velcro straps, then coil a round upper shaft & taped "Guerrilla tape" between bow knucle and hand grip. On the under side of hand grip, have one of though's self adhesive things that use to hould computer cable under desk, "non-metal", gives it a straight shot to control box of GP 3500...

Take care,

Ed

• Admin

Hello Airboy,

Everyone has their own opinions on what is best. I will just show you how I do it and have never had problems. Check out the pictures I attached below. I just run the coil cable straight up the lower shaft and start wrapping when it gets to the upper metal shaft. Never had any problems like this.

The last picture is how I have my Coiltek Li-Ion Pocket Rocket System mounted to the side of my GP3500. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison