Beating the heat

Well I got up really early a few days ago and went out to a spot that I have had my eye on for some time. Left the house at 5am and was on site by 5:15am. I spent 2 hours with my metal detector in this new area. Only found 1 piece of gold and 1 rattle snake. I got home about 8am and was already 100 degrees on my back patio.

I think I'll wait til it cools down some before I start placering again.

Bob

That gold specimen is a wowzzzer. B) How big is it? From the pic it looks like it's in a quartz and feldspar matrix.

Hope you got the coords' where you found it! :D

Looks like that 'rattler' bought its camo gear at Cabellas :lol:

Gary

BTW, it's after 1:00am here and no matter how hard I try, I still can't beat the heat out of my office. :rolleyes:

gotgold,

First the snake, I saw him before he saw me. The ground was still pretty warm and I think he was looking for shade. He never rattled or coiled up, just kept moving.

The ROCK....... It is in a quartz matrix with much oxidezion. The weight on the piece is 2.9 ounces. The ore breaks apart very easily.

And yes I have all coords. Will be going back maybe this weekend if Jeff can get free.

Bob

'Way to go Bob,

That looks like something promising.

Glad you're going to follow it up promptly.

I've been following the temp's out there and

it looks almost impossible to go out during the

day to do anything but the most basic stuff.

Hope it gets a pinch cooler for you (all) soon.

Best of hunting...

Yep, I'm going to beat the heat too! This friday morning, my wife and I will go to my uncle ALLENS house in Monterey, I'm taking my Soverine and Excallibur, and I'm going to hunt the beaches, for Jewlery. Carmel beach always gives something up, Monterey by the wharf will give alittle to I think. We will be back on Sunday afternoon. At least it will only be in the 70's and 80's, instead of a 100 or better.And Gold is gold no matter what form. Grubstake

Rob,

I did not do any test on it but the gold is in all the little pockets. I cut it in half to check the middle and there is gold in the middle also. This area is really broken up and the veins are more like pockets.

Bob

• Admin

Hello Bob,

Sounds and looks like you found a very interesting piece of specimen gold. Just makes you wonder how many more pieces might be lying around on the hillsides like that one. <_<

What brand/type of detector were you using when you found it? Did it respond well on the detector?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Rob,

I'm pretty sure that the has much more to give up. Jeff and I worked 2 hard rock mines in the area in the 80's. They is material scattered all over the hillsides, not all carries but there is some pieces laying around.

I was using my Gol Bug 2 with the small coil. I wasn't in a big hurry to cover alot of ground. Just working it slow and gridding the hillside.

Bob