"COILTEK WHITE SEARCHCOIL TAPE IS AVAILABLE"

• Admin

Hello All,

I just wanted to let everyone know that you can order the Coiltek White Searchcoil Tape that comes stock on the Coiltek Searchcoils. Most don't know it's available through "Rob's Detector Sales." I always have the Coiltek Tape in stock. I have no clue what type of tape this is, but you won't find it at a local hardware store. The Coiltek Tape is much stronger and will last many times longer than Electrical Tape that most use.

The Coiltek tape is a bit pricey at $8.00 per roll, but a roll will last for years.

Just wanted to let you all know this tape is available for anyone that is interested. I see a lot of talk about "What to Use" when it comes to searchcoil covers falling off.

Take care,

Rob Allison

Dear Rob;

I use fiberglass tape and it works great! It's called silk tape although it hasn't been made out of silk in years and years. It isn't vinyl based tape, rather, it's an extremely fine weave fiberglass cloth impregnated with a contact adhesive. Itcomes in different widths, the most popular being 2" and 4". It's most commonly used in the aviation industry, in the baggage compartments to seal the seams of the fiberglass walls that line the inside of the baggage compartments. It's an extremely high traffic tape and it lasts for quite a few years.

Your friend;

LAMAR

• Admin

Hello Lamar,

Never heard of that type of tape. Can you pick it up at a Hardware store, or is it some type of speciality tape? I used to use the normal Black Electrical Tape, but you would have to re-apply the tape very often. The Coiltek tape is much stronger and you don't have to re-apply as often.

Hope everything is well on your end. I also have you down for (2) Hipsticks, correct?

Talk with you soon,

Rob Allison

Dear Rob;

I think you should be able to procure the tape through Grainger. The manufacturer of the tape thta e use is Tape South. This stuff puts duct tape to shame as far as holding strength and longevity is concerned. I've used this tape for literally hundreds of different in the field repairs. And yes, put me in for 2 hipsticks please.

Your friend;

LAMAR