coiltek "pocket rocket" learning curve

Hi Rob, Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the way you take care of your customers! I swear you have the patience of Job, man. Especially to those of us that experience "equipment failure" due to something simple....like..oh.. not fully reading the provided instructions, maybe. At any rate, I did follow your advice and using the correct protocol was able to determine that both lithium cells now function as advertised. Thanks again. The pocket rocket coupled with the coiltek external speaker system is a super upgrade. I love it and it's worth every penny I spent on it. If anyone else is thinking of augmenting their SD 2200, make sure you turn the detector on first..THEN flip the toggle switch on the voltage regulator. Don't reverse the sequence or you'll be hatin life for a while and your detecting trip will turn into a sightseeing trip! I managed to successfully trip the safety circuits on BOTH my main AND backup batteries! What a proud moment. The batteries are easily reset by placing them in the charging pod for a few minutes which in my case was located at home. ( four hours away). Everythings cool now and I can't wait to get back up to my spot tomorrow.

Kelvar,

Your drama probably will help alot of us.

It is easy to do what you did with the batteries,

and it is even easier to wind up leaving the charger at home!

Although I always carry mine with me in the vehicle, it was someone months ago that

reminded me to do it.

You have probably done that for someone as well.

best,

Flak

Hi kevlar,

Yes, the pocket rocket IS great!

I found out about the proper turn on sequence the hard way also. Darn frustrating when that happens.

As I told Doc, the way I remember what the proper turn on sequence, is remember that MINELAB is number one. Same way with the turn off, too, it think. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Sure is a big change from carrying that big battery around.

Have a good one!

~LARGO~

• Admin

Hello Kevin,

You're very welcome. I'm glad you called and we were able to get the issue resolved. When you're out in the field I recommend taking the charger with you just in case you would need to reset a battery. For normal day hunts if you take two batteries you will be set. However, for those weekend type hunts it's best to have the charger just in case. Heck, you might just get into a good patch and decide you have to charge your batteries again since you're not coming home, or back to work in my case! :lol:

Speaking of JOB, that's my favorite book in the Greatest Book, the BIBLE. ;) Maybe I learned something from JOB.

I Largo has a good statement, remember that Minelab is number one! Always turn on the Minelab detector first then the Coiltek Li-Ion system.

Thanks for your business and friendship.

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Shep,

Funny you mention that, cause I do the same thing with the Minelab GP3500. Since the GP3500's On/Off switch is also the threshold control, I just leave it on at all times and turn the machine On/Off with the Coiltek Pocket Rocket. I'm not sure if it's a good thing to do or not, but I haven't had a problem and been doing it since the unit first came out. Pretty much all the people I hunt with do the same thing.

Coiltek really made a great battery system with the Pocket Rocket. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison