GP3000 series machines and coils

What are the tolerances on the GP3000 series...expecially the GP3000 in regards to:

coil inductance;

coil impedance

coil capacitance

????

Is there a range that is acceptable or does the coil have to be dead on?

What are values that the GP3000 is expecting from the coil(s)?

What happens to the detector's performance is the coil falls outside of the tolerance levels expected by the detector?

How is detection threshold, ground balancing etc affected by coils that are not in spec?

Thanks

Karl

What are the tolerances on the GP3000 series...expecially the GP3000 in regards to:

coil inductance;

coil impedance

coil capacitance

????

Is there a range that is acceptable or does the coil have to be dead on?

What are values that the GP3000 is expecting from the coil(s)?

What happens to the detector's performance is the coil falls outside of the tolerance levels expected by the detector?

How is detection threshold, ground balancing etc affected by coils that are not in spec?

Thanks

Karl

Why do you want to know? Are we making some coils over there?

Inductance: As close as you can come to 300 uH (microhenries) I've checked a few store bought coils and found variances from 300-308 uH. (The uH listed applies to monocoils).

Impedance: 0.4 ohms

The inductance is critical for the coil to function with a minelab, impedance is also important. The GP and SD series detectors only allow very small variances before the coils cease to function properly.

Not sure about the capacitance. Wait hold on 0.4 ohms is the resistance.

Rex

Hi Rex

Thanks for the info!

Nah! Not winding coils!

Just wanted to be able to test the coils I have to check their specs. I knew that ML had a narrow range, but didn't know what the machine was looking for.

Not having any problems.

But since I can't detect cause I'm so far from AZ...I thought that at least I could verify that my coils are within spec!

Thanks again!

Regards

Karl