"Latest Northern Arizona Gold Nuggets"

• Admin

Hello All,

Was out this last weekend, but got really busy and didn't have time to post. Leaverite and I hit a couple of new locations below Prescott that showed good potential. The weather is much cooler up there than the lower desert regions. Never spent much time up in the higher country, but after finding some new gold up there I just might now! :lol:

Here are (14) nuggets I found with the Minelab GP3500 & Coiltek Joey Mono Searchcoil. Biggest nugget in the middle is 2.7 Dwt's, the others ones are "Dinks!"

08-05-06.jpg

It's still out there ... :P

Rob Allison

Good prospecting! Hoping to try new Platypus out Saturday, if Garys not working. Need to find some bigger gold. The Wallaby is great at dinks, but don't believe it's ever found anything much over a 1/4 oz??? Need big one!

• Admin

Hello Guys,

Goldarnit - Most of them were close to the surface, no more than an inch or so at the most. The bigger piece was in an old screen pile and was down only a couple of inches. Most of the best nuggets will be lying on top of the old piles since it was pay material that came from the bottom of the hole normally.

grubstake - Hope you and Shep do well at the patch. I'm just waiting to see a multi-ounce chuck pop up. :D

Wirechief - You're welcome to come out, but with these Minelab's today we don't leave a whole lot behind. Normally after a couple of runs through the area most of the gold is long gone. :(

kamikaze - Funny you noticed that. I forgot that I had a very small piece that I blew out of the cracks. Well looks like it's now in the carpet! :angry:

djhanson - I believe when I tossed them all on the scale it was about 5.5 Dwt's, just a tad over 1/4 ounce. Most of them are small nuggets.

shep - That Coiltek Wallaby DD Pro coil can be a killer. I've done very well with it and so have several close partners. The gold has to be there at depth to find it, but I know you know that Shep. I'm hoping you guys do well at the patch this weekend.

wes - I agree with you. The Joey and Wallaby DD Pro are a great combination.

Talk with you all later,

Rob Allison

• Admin

Hello Grubstake,

Well we know by now you and Shep done well at the patch. We are trying to find a location where there is more than just dinks. The Bradshaw's are very typical for small gold, but there are some biggies out there. Some of the other locations I hunt during the winter time are noted for more sizeable gold, so I can't wait for the change in weather and maybe a change in the size of the nuggets. :D

Take care,

Rob Allison