Placebo Placering

In response to another post "Dowsing, Some thoughts".........

When conditions are ripe and we KNOW we WILL find AU on a particular day in a familiar way as before(in my situations)most of the time its found....when we SEE those old familiar signs.I'm not talking anything related to "psycho mining","Taro Cards","Fortune Tellers" or "ESP Placering Made Easy"...I believe there 3 groups of dowsers.

1)The Placebo Dowser that HONESTLY believes that dowsing actually works hands down no bs and uses the dowsing rods to further have him/her look into,go somewhere else they usually wouldnt go or do without the ADDED INFLUENCE of thier dowser equipment(specialy the $1800.oo ones.....what a RIP!!!!!!!).THIS adds more time exploring more time increases your chance of finding "something".

2)The effective/experienced dowser.I (at first) thought NO WAY do 2 bent coat hangers find AU!!!One day an old dowser showed me how to dowse cause he herd I was a firm non believer in this "practice".He got me 2 peices of insulated copper wire,bent them and taught me in 3 minutes.He had walk around an old millsite I was caretaking at....the wires crossed...I dug up a coin!No Way I thought...just coincidence!We walked further...the wires parted,he said "water" I looked down to find myself standing over the water main for the mill...I STILL WASNT CONVINCED....so I backstepped the wires went back to thier original parallel positions....I walked forward over the main...sure enough they parted.I kept testing with healthy skeptism...approaching different targets at different angles 91% of the time it worked.Am I doing this self consciously?I had people hide targets and the % dropped to about 80 %!

3)Ones that simply dont care to believe...(its total bs).

I'm NOT a pro at this dowsing stuff and WAS a hardcore UNCONVINCED one at first (#3)but seeing is believing...some are very good at it...some would rather shun it as nonsense.

However....I do believe thier ARE people running around out there "thinking" with a detector and/or there are some that just plain have the nose for it.They do hit & runs everywhere including the districts of past....and STILL HIT IT.

I believe that many of us that have spent a lot of time(I mean YEARS and YEARS at it ,sometimes risking our lives for just ONE more chance at it) looking for the AU have been operating with undescribable(undefinable) means of finding it....like a automatic pilot running our diggin efforts(where,how we are looking for it)searching....maybe on a subconscious level.Do you have to consciously/manualy tell yer elbow to bend everytime your jaw drops for a brew?........NO!I'm tellin ya.......for some its a automatic pilot thing goin on.They dont have to think about it ........."they".........just do it........and are MOSTLY successfull at it.Its not done ALL the time with 100% accuracy ...its done with hard work...but with a WILLING confidence experienced in knowing where NOT to dig as well.So if you want to test this theory......just dig/hit the other area's (2nd,3rd,4th choices vs. your first)as well AFTER your gut reaction to the first spot.......What do you have to lose?Maybe more AU you "thought" wasnt there to begin with.

Theres more to this that I try to describe...its happened to me while dredging much more than detecting.

Anyway.......as far as dowsing is concerned...maybe we do have a "7th Sense" thats just not been "scientificaly" found/labeled yet.A sense or ability that involves electricity,water/blood,iron and magnetics when conditions are ripe...a switch is thrown that utilizes "conditional discrimination".I've heard many relateable storys of only the first searching place producing and nothing for the rest of the day or trip.Are some of you open minded to the possible's of instinctual production vs. logical with the most famous metal in human history that has ABSOLUTELY caused the most unlogical reactions.......ever......from the first day mans eyes were set on it?

BIGFOOT

post-774-1156380073_thumb.jpg

Bigfoot-

the high end rigs are set up for signal amplification. some have a little compartment for mineral associates.

however, no real dowser ever needs anything more than a cord and plumb bob, or L-rods. The signals are in the mind, maybe telepathic. quite probably an external force moves the dowsing instrument.

I believe, as do you, that $1800 (or even $18) is too much to spend on any sort of dowsing rig. Again, it is a developed prowess that makes the thing work, though no dowsing action is ever completely reliable.

Bob,

OF Course I do!........hhhhhmmmm.....is this me reading this or do you hear yourself talking again?lol Hope your gettin ready to head back out there again after that damn tumble you had........Take Care and thanks for the kind words!

Whatsforsupper,

You understand.......some just dont bother with this kind of stuff....its a extra if you like MDing....lotta folks running around out there that have this ability but they let there brains get in the way of a true discovery.

Bigfoot

post-774-1156574435_thumb.jpg

Dowsing does work! I only say this because i did not believe in it untill it was proven to me. So i practiced a little made a few mistakes learned a few things. It is funny how people wont believe you; for example was telling a few co workers about dowsing and they were giving me a hard time till i showed them. Grabbed 3 plastic cups and left the room so they could put a penny under one. Scared the hell out of them when i found the penny had to do it a few times before they started to belive and were wanting to do it them selves. We never could be 100% of the time more like 70% of the time.

• Admin

Hello Guys,

I've never been convinced by anyone that claimed to be a map or general dowser. Not that I don't believe it, but seeing someone actually prove something to me would be nice. I find it hard to believe someone is going to dowse for small gold nuggets, and if they can, why the hell would they tell anyone else. They should be rich by now and drinking mixed drinks on a remote Island. :)

If I could dowse for gold nuggets I would be a rich man within a few months, maybe sooner!

Not knocking the 3 cups, that is still 33.3% chance, which is actually still really high for probability. If the guy could dowse a single penny under like 10 cups I might be convinced if he done it multiple times.

Seeing is believing…

Rob Allison

Rob,

You said "I find it hard to believe someone is going to dowse for small gold nuggets, and if they can, why the hell would they tell anyone else.?"People DO dowse for both big&small AU and they dont always tell folks about it either....usually ...NO ONE tells others about any find till its worked out no matter what recovery type.I've told a few about locations because I'm done with it there....same for a technique...I can gladly tell a newbie where,what to use & how to work a spot on a river....Its tough work...people arent allways motivated to move rock or whatever when it boils down to it.I'm sure you allready know that.Also.......I dont allways tell anything to to everyone........thats a nature of the beast.

BIGFOOT

• Admin

Hello Bigfoot,

I guess the ones that are keeping their mouth quiet are the smart ones. You know, "Mum's the Word." I would like to see one of these Master Dowsers work in person. I never said I don't believe it, just would like to see it hands-on.

Someone needs to teach me how to dowse so I can save time and just walk right to the nuggets. Forget about all this digging iron rubbish, bullets, shell casing and other junk.

In all seriousness, is it possible to mount dowsing rods on your detector, or do you need to actually hold them? :huh:

Take care,

Rob Allison

Rob,

You said "Forget about all this digging iron rubbish, bullets, shell casing and other junk"....sometimes its not that selective.Remember IT TOOK ME 20 years or more before I was convinced it does work.

Seriously...one with your resources would use it as a compliment to finding a patch...then use the detectors...or not depending on your abiltys.This isnt something one would get offended about IF they didnt have the knack for it....either ya con or not...but you could save so much more time looking for some AU though.

Example:Before I was a believer.......I watched this crusty ol prospector diggin out a large hole in a desert stream...in a unlikely place to find any concentrations.Later I asked his pard why he dug a hole THAT deep...he said THAT place was dowsed.Its good to see others here explaining the same results/methods that I have had used.

ROB,Go make 2 L rods.......about 18 inches long with 4 incnhes bent at 90 degrees (you use these as handles)...copper wire or coat-hangers will do.Hold the rods so the point away from the front of yourself in a parallel formation ......they should be held about 8 inches apart.Get them STEADY......angle them a little so they remain paralell but can still swing.

Go outside away from powerlines metal pipes ect. ,plant a coin or any metal on/in the ground.......WALK OVER the target slowly.......did the rods cross each other?If so.............MAYBE......you can do this!If no reactions........screw it.........but IF ya see those rods being moved WITHOUT you forcing them to move..........then maybe........................just maybe.....................I told too much!

Good Luck!Bigfoot

Hi Bigfoot,

Saw your photo in post #4. Looks like you may have put on a pound or two.

Either that or you have done gone and got yourself pregnant, either way you better lay off that ice-cream and blackberry cobbler. :rolleyes::o

You ever seen one of those things, or know anyone who has seen one??

Bob T.

Bob T.

Yes.......I've seen a Bigfoot WITH a Blackberry Cobbler.Pie crust pieces were found jammed into the dermal ridges of the foot-casts.Scientists are still struggling with how exactly the creature had acces to a actuall oven or just stole it from a nearby window.Bigfoot experts AND forest culinary chefs had found a unexplainable presence of pie crust INSIDE the creatures droppings at first ....but now thats being explored in greater detail in preliminary report due this fall.

Bigfoot

yep.bmp