Dry Placer Mining

Ok Rob, This one is for you.

Paleface and I have a lot in common. We have both spent the better parts of our lives digging underground, if not for ourselves, then for different companies. We have both done placer mining and metal detecting.

Due to the lack of water in the desert, all my placer has been of the dry type. I have had people ask why? Why do you bust your butt digging in the dirt when you could be walking around digging nuggets. Now I agree that is a good question. So in order to answer that question I have decided to post a few pictures that I have taken of gold from different washes. The washes span from the Pinto Mnts. to the Old Women Mnts.

You see its not about the gold for me, its the fact that I can begin to allow myself to melt down and become one with the desert. The gold? That's God's reward for my respecting of him, his earth, mankind and his solar system. God Bless all of you in your quests for that which is buried.

29 Prospector

• Admin

Hello 29Prospector,

Well those pictures really show why someone would want to play in the dirt. :D That's some beautiful gold you guys are drywashing. Never found a spot where I was able to find decent nuggets drywashing, but have found plenty of spots with tons of fines and small flakes. Some places will probably never get worked since they are so far off the beaten path.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of some of your finds. Keep up the great work.

Rob Allison

Well Rob in all fairness I must confess, the majority of what you see came out of prospects that my father had been to over the years. Now as to why he didn't work them is beyond me. I guess it is just part of the on going test from him to see if I was listening.

Bob

Flak,

I know how well your right. There are times when I'm sitting on a rock in the middle of the desert, his presence is felt. I've attached a picture for you and all to see. This picture is classic Ed Dunkin, the first thing out of the truck after himself was ths benoculars. This was taken 2 weeks prior to his passing.

Bob

Bob,

That picture was a treat.

Sometime you should write a little description of the way that he trained you.

It is a wonderful insight into a man who learned through years of direct experience,

and the story of a father who wanted to leave his son something meaningful...knowledge.

I also loved the painting you have of him...I actually took a photo of it.

It's cool.

Actually, if you give permission I'll post it in this thread, I know where to find it.

regards,

Flak

Bob,

That picture was a treat.

Sometime you should write a little description of the way that he trained you.

It is a wonderful insight into a man who learned through years of direct experience,

and the story of a father who wanted to leave his son something meaningful...knowledge.

I also loved the painting you have of him...I actually took a photo of it.

It's cool.

Actually, if you give permission I'll post it in this thread, I know where to find it.

regards,

Flak

Flak,

Any pictures you have of us including my father feel free to post. The man was cut from a different breed than today.

Bob

NICE GOLD 29,IM SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSSES GUYS , ITS BEN 8 YEARS AND I STILL THINK ABOUT MY DAD EVERY DAY :( THANKS FOR SHARING PICS AND STORYS . GLEN

Glen,

You will always think of him. My father passed on in 1988 and sometimes I catch myself picking up the phone to call him about something.

Bob